SRS arca+pic rail

sveltri

WKR
I have one on order for a Seekins ph2. Anyone that has/had one I’m curious if it ended up snagging on things and if it’s worth drilling your stock?

Last edited:

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
SRS makes a great product.

I have mounted theirs and other ARCA and PIC rails on carbon stocks but not on the ph2. I have found external ARCA to be annoying but tolerable, and I keep it to within 3" of the front action screw. I have found external PIC to be intolerable in its snagginess, So I now only run PIC which is recessed via scalloping or some other design solution.

I would leave your ph2 alone, and make the decision to be a "bag hunter." Take the bipod weight and put it into one of @hereinaz excellent bags, then get proficient with shooting off tripod tables, downed trees, rocks, and the like using your new best friend - the bag.

-J

BBob

WKR
I have no issues with the rail snagging on stuff. Rifle is almost always strapped to the side of the pack. It’s the barrel sticking up that’s the snag problem not the rail.

OP
S

sveltri

WKR
SRS makes a great product.

I have mounted theirs and other ARCA and PIC rails on carbon stocks but not on the ph2. I have found external ARCA to be annoying but tolerable, and I keep it to within 3" of the front action screw. I have found external PIC to be intolerable in its snagginess, So I now only run PIC which is recessed via scalloping or some other design solution.

I would leave your ph2 alone, and make the decision to be a "bag hunter." Take the bipod weight and put it into one of @hereinaz excellent bags, then get proficient with shooting off tripod tables, downed trees, rocks, and the like using your new best friend - the bag.

-J
Thank you

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What are you going to run on the pic and ARCA?

I'd suggest getting rid of anything PIC and going all ARCA, cause they get a little snaggy.

RAM190Hog

Lil-Rokslider
I installed one on my Element, but subsequently removed it. The SRS ARCA was great, but my only ARCA tripod heads are pan heads, and I hadn't thoroughly thought out the complexities of shooting off a pinhead that can't tilt to level the gun when in field positions, etc. I ended up putting on my Spartan Davros head and running that instead and taking off the SRS rail.

I may re-address it if I end up going to a different tripod head at some point.

Regardless, the SRS ARCA was great - lightweight and easy to install. Used a buddies drill press just for better precision.