Squatter Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

2531usmc

WKR
We seem to be in an America where all of govt is broken. How the he$& can this be happening in America?

I'd move right in with them and make their lives absolutely miserable until they left. Then I'd get all the replacement locks I'd brought with me out of the toolbox on my truck.
A home owner in NY did that and was just arrested for trespassing on her own property. The law favors the criminals nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
I’m lucky the house I rented out was in Idaho and after the knucklead stopped paying it was pretty quick to evict, clear him out and eventually garnish his wages.

KsRancher

WKR
I am 100% certain that if someone tried that in the county I live in the sheriff would literally drag them out of the house and haul them to jail. That stuff might fly in bigger cities. Small town, not happening. They would be lucky to not get shot

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Happen to me. Wife and I were in separation, I was staying elsewhere, she had the house. She started shacking up with her boy toy and left the house without me knowing it. Her grown kids moved in the house. It was a nightmare. I had to file trespassing charges and wound up selling it to them , for next to nothing, after they destroyed it. A 3 year ordeal. Judge told me he could have me arrested for trespassing on my own property and would charge me if I turned the power off. You had to be involved to believe it.
Shoot. Shovel. Shut up.

Broomd

WKR
We seem to be in an America where all of govt is broken. How the he$& can this be happening in America?
Yep, we live in dark times, up is down, right is wrong.
We all have choices to make, and it's pretty obvious that in this point in our history, evil reigns--almost everywhere. Almost... That may continue (likely) or it may somewhat improve. But in the end it's on us to see the handwriting on the wall and make our lives as safe and meaningful as possible.

There's no way in hell I'd choose to live in a place where this stuff is happening; money, job security, extended family, blah, blah, blah. No chance. I'd rather make $10 an hour and be happy, safe and at peace, than make $250k a year and live among dregs, live in fear or put my family at risk.
We all have one life, one chance. Right now it's not easy, but sanity can be still be found in certain places. But a guy has to make it happen or live the consequences.

Happen to me. Wife and I were in separation, I was staying elsewhere, she had the house. She started shacking up with her boy toy and left the house without me knowing it. Her grown kids moved in the house. It was a nightmare. I had to file trespassing charges and wound up selling it to them , for next to nothing, after they destroyed it. A 3 year ordeal. Judge told me he could have me arrested for trespassing on my own property and would charge me if I turned the power off. You had to be involved to believe it.

Put your property and house into a trust. A judge can't touch you then.

KenLee

WKR
A home owner in NY did that and was just arrested for trespassing on her own property. The law favors the criminals nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Sometimes you have to push stupid laws to prove your point. I'm not afraid of being arrested. They don't want me. I'm a terror for prosecuters, especially petty crimes here where the officer has to prosecute petty crimes themselves...but I'm in South Carolina.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Yep, pretty weird times we live in where it's not trespassing if you don't own the property, but it is trespassing if you do own it. How does this work with corner crossing.......or even outright trespassing on private while hunting? Just claim you're squatting, and I guess all is well and the landowner gets arrested now? Weird stuff for sure. Won't be long and we'll be living in total anarchy.......every man for himself.

This is as bad as the federal government refusing to do their job on border security, and then the states are mandated that they can't fix the problem because it's the federal government's job. It's a circle-jerk of illogical reason.

Wrench

WKR
Find a Russian in a honda accord with no airbag. Tell him there's $500 in cash for breaking both of their legs and telling them to never return.

They'll show up with 22 cousins and make a 30 second event of it.

Yep, pretty weird times we live in where it's not trespassing if you don't own the property, but it is trespassing if you do own it. How does this work with corner crossing.......or even outright trespassing on private while hunting? Just claim you're squatting, and I guess all is well and the landowner gets arrested now? Weird stuff for sure. Won't be long and we'll be living in total anarchy.......every man for himself.

This is as bad as the federal government refusing to do their job on border security, and then the states are mandated that they can't fix the problem because it's the federal government's job. It's a circle-jerk of illogical reason.

Dual Federalism gives the authority to states to enforce federal law. Including securing the boarder. The White House doesn't have the authority to tell a state to stand down when it refuses to do its job at securing the boarder.

And, the SCOTUS got their legal interpretation wrong on what securing a boarder is....

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
Squirt yellow jacket attractant around and if possible into those tents.
My wife works for a ranch and part of their gig is taking beehives down to California to pollinate crops like almonds etc. Some squatters set up a little tent city where some of the hives were going. They had been warned by the property owner to move so her boss the owner put four hives about ten feet from their polyester palaces. They were gone by the next trip they made. Those bees get pretty active too when they hit those warm temps after being in ID all winter.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
One lady said the mistake she made was going through the system and getting an eviction notice. Once she asked for and got notice, squatters became tenants, which made it harder for her to get them out. ain't liberal America great. Victims have zero rights.. It would not turn out good, if someone tried to squat on any property I own, I do not tolerate unless humans.

What’s an irrational response?
I have a firm belief that im not entitled to anything you or anyone else owns nor would I have a right to just take it. I also have a temper when it comes to such things as it relates to my stuff that I have worked hard my whole life for.

Irrational when the rule of law is broken as it is and not on your side would be me burning my place down with them in it if I didn't go in first Negan style with a bat.

I hate thieves and wish the worst on them.

Plenty of stuff on the news about the 'Squatter Scam' - where people take over a house.
Florida just signed legislation to make it easier to remove squatters.

Has anyone had this issue?

What would you do if someone squatted/took over your property?
My dad owned a few rental properties. He kicked out a family that wouldn’t pay rent. Then had double knee replacement done before he could do some repairs and such the previous tenants left behind.

When he got to where he could work decently about 5 months later, he found a man and women had moved into the house. They destroyed the house. Brought a gas grill into the kitchen to cook on since the electric had been cut off. Unbeknownst to anyone.

Dope heads. As far as I know, they never spent more then 24 hours in jail and the prosecutor dropped the charges before trial date.

Status
Not open for further replies.