Springfield Waypoint vs Weatherby 307

Igloo

FNG
As the title says. Is the Waypoint a substantially better rifle for the much higher price tag? I'm not well versed in either, but they seem to be pretty much the same rifle to me, aside from the Waypoint has a better stock? Both 700 action footprint, both have a TriggerTech trigger, etc

I have read a couple reports of hard bolt closing, smooth cycling though as it felt to me. biggest complaint is the stock, touching the barrel and guys buying new stocks. also read about the coating flaking off. I have not bought one just think for the money there are nicer rifles out there. I was wanting one with the wood stock nice but not very high quality wood but for 600.00 more over the the factory stock it was not worth it to me, but have heard they shoot nice after you get them the way you want it.

Weldor

WKR
There's some good info on the springfield in the forums. Should help you decide.

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I have only handled both, not shot. I was skeptical about the 307, but it actually felt very nice and smooth. I was looking to buy a Waypoint but there were just too many bad reports of feeding issues online. I think I’m going to move forward with a 307 receiver and barrel it.