Springfield Waypoint 7PRC

I wish they would come out with some new calibers already.
Agreed! We're gonna die waiting over here. I was waiting to buy the Waypoint in 300 win, but I think the 7 PRC will finally get me to stray to the 7mm world. The balance between ballistics, recoil, accuracy and bullet weight is just too good to ignore.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
With Shot Show just around the corner, has anyone heard any intel on the waypoint coming available in other chambering? I love my 308 but it would be nice to have another option.

Fmarji

FNG
I’m literally checking everyday for some leaked info. There is a waypoint in .308 at my local dealer for a steal and it’s the first I’ve seen on the shelf. I’d hate to miss out on it but the 7 PRC and possibly other offerings around the corner are tempting.

Hey guys - I actually called into Springfield Armory due to the fact that Hornady listed them as a 7PRC producer for 2023. I asked if this was going to be an option for the waypoint 2020. Unfortunately, the individual on the phone wasn't able to confirm that information. I'm assuming new offerings would be dropped at the shot show...

I was able to put my hands on a Waypoint 2020 for the first time last week. Carbon barrel and non adjustable stock. Seemed like a very nice rifle!

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
I’m literally checking everyday for some leaked info. There is a waypoint in .308 at my local dealer for a steal and it’s the first I’ve seen on the shelf. I’d hate to miss out on it but the 7 PRC and possibly other offerings around the corner are tempting.
I picked mine up for 19 and change shipped and would do it again in a heartbeat… my 308 xbolt won’t be getting much attention anymore 😂

Fmarji

FNG
That is good to hear! It’s a sexy gun for sure haha. At least I won’t have an issue finding any ammo for .308. Even if 7 PRC is offered, I’m curious how hard it will be to actually find a Waypoint in that offering, they were scarce for awhile when the first were released. I have yet to see any 7 PRC ammo either but my local Scheels had two rifles already.

Typically how long does it take from when a rifle is announced at Shot show, to actually show up on shelves? Or is it manufacture dependent? Allocations? Etc

have a carbon 6.5CM waypoint that shoots better than me.. It is an overall great rifle setup, but because I was unsure about the 7PRC release I went with Fierce mountain reaper... it is shipping this week.
As an aside.. thanks to Form and all the input from RS members, I am going to top it with a NF..

That is good to hear! It’s a sexy gun for sure haha. At least I won’t have an issue finding any ammo for .308. Even if 7 PRC is offered, I’m curious how hard it will be to actually find a Waypoint in that offering, they were scarce for awhile when the first were released. I have yet to see any 7 PRC ammo either but my local Scheels had two rifles already.

Typically how long does it take from when a rifle is announced at Shot show, to actually show up on shelves? Or is it manufacture dependent? Allocations? Etc
Exactly! Probably would take till the end of 2023 to get your hands on it and I doubt you would find it on the shelf. Just speculative with my experience of waiting for the Waypoint to show up in 6.5 prc.

Fmarji

FNG
Well SHOT show just started this morning in Vegas… hoping to hear some good news soon!

22tcm

FNG
Man I wish these would be available soon if they are coming out. I already have 9 boxes of ammo for a rifle I don't even have yet.

davsco

WKR
Man I wish these would be available soon if they are coming out. I already have 9 boxes of ammo for a rifle I don't even have yet.
same situation (ammo and no gun [actually for me, no barrel] yet) but four boxes short of you.

22tcm

FNG
same situation (ammo and no gun [actually for me, no barrel] yet) but four boxes short of you.
I got super lucky and found 5 boxes at 1 store and was able to get all of them. And 4 boxes at 2 different Sportsmans. Unfortunately I haven't even decided what I want to do for a gun. I just know I want one in 7 PRC.

Gargoyle

Lil-Rokslider
I've been eyeing the Waypoint for a good while. I'd get .308 WIN with the adj stock and steel barrel. I see the carbon is $400 more for only 4 oz less weight. Math don't add up for me. I do think the carbon fiber looks badass though!

I'd load 137 Hammer Hunters in that thing and probably see 3100fps out of that 20". I'm getting 3000fps out of an AR10 20" with the 137 hammers now. That is with a lot of bleed off for proper cycling. Bolt gun should scream it.

Lee_R

Lil-Rokslider
We've got a CF one in 6.5 PRC in a store that I work at part time. Nice handling and balance, but the magazine rattles like crazy...you guys that own one ever noticed it and, if so, do you have any fixes?

Gargoyle

Lil-Rokslider
We've got a CF one in 6.5 PRC in a store that I work at part time. Nice handling and balance, but the magazine rattles like crazy...you guys that own one ever noticed it and, if so, do you have any fixes?
Maybe it stops rattling with ammo in it. The upward pressure of the rounds?

Lee_R

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe it stops rattling with ammo in it. The upward pressure of the rounds?
I'm sorry, I should've been more clear. It rattles in the gun....as in while it is secure, it still makes noise when moving the gun. It's not the magazine making the noise, but its high tolerance/sloppiness between the magazine itself and the gun. Maybe the one we have just has a poorly fitting mag?