spring bear

littlebuf

Banned
it all a draw here in washington.but its getting close and the unit i put in for ive got decent odds to draw.i love spring bear hunting,heres how i did with the last spring tag i drew.anyone planning a spring hunt?pics of past success? lets see um

Attachments

• 165.jpg
    165.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 54

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I was able to arrow this little guy on an 3 year anniversary excursion with my wife:

IMG_0171-c.jpg

A couple weeks later she totally showed me how to really get it done shooting this year a 20 feet while we were hunting a beach in Prince William Sound:

IMGP1122.jpg

• Banned
OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
nice.i love to get up there for spring bear.i lived in wasilla till i was 9,born in Palmer.was to young to hunt when i lived up there (dad didnt hunt) one of these days ill make it back for a hunt. nice bears and you gotta love a wife that goes bear hunting for a anniversary.my wife doesnt ever stop me from hunting but she sure doesnt want to go herself.well done

I gotta make a trip to Alaska! I have been talking and seeing success stories from up there way too much. I actually just had a flight with Tony from Screamin' Eagle Archery based out of Wasilla, Alaska, it was a random meeting as I was sitting there reading the current issue of Extreme Elk, and after that we started talking bowhunting...so between him and his wife, we talked bear hunting a lot on that flight.

racatac

FNG
Dang,nice bears luke and the mrs. I got a bear 20 yrs ago.this spring my brother and i are taking my 2 boys to manitoba for there first bear! Cant wait.will be shooting video too.congrats.

I am going on my 3rd year looking for an archery black bear. My son took a nice one two years ago with a rifle and I have had a few chances, but they were pretty small bears so far. I have seen some hogs, but the stars havent aligned yet! Hopefully this will be my year. I have taken a griz with my bow so the pressure is not as great as it could be!
32515_1356655439323_1319587428_31036117_3317810_n.jpg

OR Archer

WKR
I didn't put in for a tag this year and I didn't pick up an OTC SW Oregon tag. Ill make time this summer to get out and put one down. No shortage of bears where I like to hunt them.

Antler

FNG
it all a draw here in washington.but its getting close and the unit i put in for ive got decent odds to draw.i love spring bear hunting,heres how i did with the last spring tag i drew.anyone planning a spring hunt?pics of past success? lets see um

Hey littlebuf good to hear from ya. What area did you put in for? I applied for Monroe, Skagit, & Copalis. I want Monroe or Skagit the most because of the abundance of Color Phase bears. Looking for a blonde now, got my chocolate 2 years ago in skagit.

R

rebecca francis

Luke and Becca...you guys are awesome! There are some great pics here!

Hey Antler! You chose the same exact unit I applied for! I just received a message today that I have drawn the Copalis Spring Bear tag in Washington state. I have actually never been to this unit before, and thanks to a longer season this year, I will be getting about a week to make it happen. Last year I drew the Monroe Spring Bear tag and got dumped on by snow...not good, no bear. Has anyone hunted the Copalis (GMU 642) unit before? Apparently I am required to pay an extra $100 to get a land access permit for Raionier (the timber company who wants the bears removed, which means I am paying to do them a favor...sigh). Regardless, I'm hitting the field early with bow-in-hand and would loves to hear ANY and ALL ideas on when, where, how, and what if's! Good luck out there this season and be safe!

Pueblo

FNG
I pulled a Lick Creek tag in the Blue Mountains of Washington State....pretty excited as there's tons of 500 to 1000 ft deep canyons running out of the Blues...perfect cross canyon spotting! My first spring bear experience.

B

bearguide

looks like you taught becca well, she seems to get lots of stuff