Spring bear rifle

LightFoot

WKR
I like the Boyd’s stocks. They will require some fitting and I would definitely need it, if you go that route.

I would go with the rifle with the better scope, which I think is the Sig Sauer.

The 6.5 Creedmoor is plenty for black bear. I’d use the 130 Accubond, 140 partition, or 127 LRX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MHWASH

WKR
Take the CM. That's what I use. I have my choice of .270 or 300 WSM as well. I could buy any caliber rifle I wanted to bear hunt, but I choose the CM. Any bullet that will work on a deer will work on a bear. I prefer a softer bullet myself, bears don't always leak real good so I like a rapid expanding bullet. We've used the Ballistic Tips, Bergers, Accubonds in .270 and CM.

Unckebob

WKR
This was my initial thought, as well. Unfortunately, because it’s the old model, there really aren’t options for aftermarket stocks. Boyd’s is the only one I’ve found that’s got offerings for the old tang safety model. If you’ve got some other manufacturer in mind, I’m all ears!

Check EBay for "take off" stocks.

I bought one for my Winchester Featherweight. Works fine.

BLJ

WKR
Bell&Carlson made synthetic stocks for the tang safety Rugers.

OP
E

emfavro

FNG
Bell&Carlson made synthetic stocks for the tang safety Rugers.

I wasn’t able to find an option for the Ruger with them. They only have the Mk II and Hawkeye as available models.

OP
E

emfavro

FNG
I like the Boyd’s stocks. They will require some fitting and I would definitely need it, if you go that route.

I would go with the rifle with the better scope, which I think is the Sig Sauer.

The 6.5 Creedmoor is plenty for black bear. I’d use the 130 Accubond, 140 partition, or 127 LRX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do like the idea of swapping the scope…I’ve never really like it on the Ruger, and I’d like a better scope on the Savage than the Bushnell…I appreciate that idea!

BLJ

WKR
I wasn’t able to find an option for the Ruger with them. They only have the Mk II and Hawkeye as available models.
Emphasis on “made”. They no longer do, as you’ve found out. I should have been more clear in my post. The last B&C I bought for a tang Ruger was from eBay. Maybe try there.