Spring bear 2023

Two flatlanders from Texas looking to do a spring bear hunt this season. We are on the fence about going to Wyoming or Montana and I was hoping we could get pointed in the right direction for a guide, Looking for any / all recommendations.

OP
J
im not a pro but idaho has heavily discounted black bear tags for the spring

Thanks, we are definitely down to go to Idaho, just need to find a guide, I’ve been reading through the forums when I get some free time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J
I hunted spring bear in area 10 with Dan Everson of Cayuse Outfitting, Cottonwood Idaho in 2019. Recommend him highly.

I will take a look into them, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snicolio

WKR
Hey guys, been trying to do some research and having a hard time finding the answer. I know you can buy out of state tags for Idaho from dwr website. For the over the counter tag, which units can you hunt for just the over the tag. Sorry if this is a stupid questions but this is the first time I am trying to do a spring bear hunt in Idaho.

Big_wals

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, been trying to do some research and having a hard time finding the answer. I know you can buy out of state tags for Idaho from dwr website. For the over the counter tag, which units can you hunt for just the over the tag. Sorry if this is a stupid questions but this is the first time I am trying to do a spring bear hunt in Idaho.
The full priced tag allows you to hunt in any unit with an open bear season. The special reduced price tag limits you to a half dozen units, maybe more? I'm not sure off the top of my head how many or which ones. I believe either tag can be purchased online or OTC. Don't hesitate to just call IDFG with any questions.

sneaky

"DADDY"
There's only a very few units in Idaho that are draw units for bear. With the regular tag you can hunt the entire state for the most part. Like already mentioned, the reduced price tags are mostly wilderness areas with limited access. Tons of bears in there though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

lowpressure

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll be chasing the ole bears in the backcountry starting Tuesday or Wednesday. Hope everyone finds success