Spotting

sakalmon

FNG
I am trying to decide between a Vortex Razor and the Cabelas euro scope. I will be glassing for Moose in Ak this year and need a good scope. I am going with the buy 1 time and cry 1 time idea. I have read all the reviews I can find and would like some more input. Weight is not an issue, quality is.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Cabelas Euro HD is actually a Meopta spotter. It will be better most likely. I've used both a lot and the Meopta beat the Vortex out every time I thought.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Get the euro with the WA eye piece!! I've had them side by side many times. IME the Meopta is better in every way but price.

OP
S

sakalmon

FNG
I was leaning toward the Meopta. Does anyone have any experience with their warranty?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I was leaning toward the Meopta. Does anyone have any experience with their warranty?

Years ago I had the original Meostar binoculars. One day at the very edge of the field I saw a tiny spec of dust. I had already owned them for a year at the time. I wasn't really worried about it, but I called to see if they would be able to clean the spot after season. The rep said I didn't need to wait. They emailed me a shipping label. Two days later, before they ever received mine, a brand new binocular showed up on my doorstep.

Pretty good CS, IMO.