Spot Hogg triple stack question

slimbw3

FNG
I’m looking to purchase the Boonie triple stack. I only want 2 pins but would prefer to set my pins rather than use the pre set double pin. My question is: can I remove the top pin and use the second pin as my primary slider aiming point (20 yards) and set the bottom to say 30 or 35 yards?

It would probably be easiest to go with the double pin but the possibility of adjusting the second pin makes the triple stack appealing. Hope this makes sense.

I have a triple stack. I just slide my first pin to 30 and have my second and third pins set at 40 and 50 respectively. That covers 90 percent of my hunting. any further I dial.

You can adjust all pins if you need to. Pretty much and expensive fixed 3 pin for me but I love the visibility on both sides.

Dylan Sluis

Lil-Rokslider
If you want a double pin where you can move your second pin to set it at what you want look at the Bg Dual Trac. IMO BG makes much better sights than Spott Hogg, they just have a lot more micro adjustability. Also I HATE how big the housing is on the Spott Hogg triple stack, like its ridiculously large. I'm not sure you can take pins out of a vertical pin sight. Maybe you can.

Yes you can, I had a triple stack and changed the bottom pin out for a .010 instead of a .019. It is a little bit of a pain but it is doable. Also I'd consider the dual track by black gold as mentioned above. You will definitely have some weight savings with the black gold.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Yes you can, I had a triple stack and changed the bottom pin out for a .010 instead of a .019. It is a little bit of a pain but it is doable. Also I'd consider the dual track by black gold as mentioned above. You will definitely have some weight savings with the black gold.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
My spott hogg identifies as another stabilizer. She a big gal 😆

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
On my double pin the second pin is at 35 when my top is at 20 which is what your after correct? Speed of your bow will vary that but it’ll be close. You might consider the double pin instead of removing a pin from your triple stack

fatlander

WKR
The MBG double pin has a smaller adjustment range than the FE triple stack. Depending on your bows speed, you might not get 20/35 split on the MBG.

I’d make sure you’ve got enough travel in the pin you’re not removing before you do it. Personally, I’d remove the middle pin on the triple stack. The

FWIW, unless bow is incredibly slow, 20-30 is pretty negligible. 35 or 40 is where having that second pin makes sense in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk