Spot Hogg - replacing pins

HockeyDad

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone replaced pins on a Spot Hogg sight? I have the Right On 7 pin wrapped sight (with bulletproof pins) but all my pins are .019. I was wanting to swap out the last 2 or 3 pins for the .010 size.

Is it fairly straightforward to swap them out?

ckleeves

WKR
Ya it's pretty easy. Loosen the wrap screws so that you can pull it out to slide the old pin out and the new in. Loosen the cam (vertical adjustment) screws on the pin you want to remove all the way and the pin should slide out. Then replace the pin and reroute the fiber. You might have to remove the clear pin guard to reroute the fibers. Pay attention to how the fibers are ran before you pull the guard off.

CaseyU

WKR
Extrememly easy. Just takes an allen wrench to pop off the wrap amd then make sure you get the right replacements. There are shorts and longs. Take the wrap off and you will know what i am talking about. Probably wont take you more than five minutes

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Send the sight to Spot Hogg they will do it for you and send it back within 1 day of them receiving it. I called them and opened up a RMA had the sight back in under 5 days. And your in Littleton =-) Should be about the same. Cost for me to do 2 pins plus replace a bad fiber was 30 bucks minus shipping.

James

OR Archer

WKR
Send the sight to Spot Hogg they will do it for you and send it back within 1 day of them receiving it. I called them and opened up a RMA had the sight back in under 5 days. And your in Littleton =-) Should be about the same. Cost for me to do 2 pins plus replace a bad fiber was 30 bucks minus shipping.

James

Yep give Darren or Kris a call and they will get you an RA# and get you fixed up right.

OP
HockeyDad

HockeyDad

Lil-Rokslider
SHTF - as long as the USPS says "Littleton" I'm putting it as my hometown. But sooner or later I will have to mention Highlands "Thousand Shades of Beige" Ranch just to the south!

Yeah - I found the pins at Archery Warehouse. Not sure If I can go 5-6 days without shooting my bow right now, so was thinking of doing it myself.

If I am only replacing the pin - I shouldnt need to mess with the turrent should I (Its what comes short or long) the pin is the pin from what I can gather.

While we are on the topic - for those who have 7 pins, which pins did you swap to .010 last 2 or 3? and would you do it the same way again? I for sure want to do the last 2 pins (70 and 80yd) but I am up in the air regarding my 5th pin (60yd).

OR Archer

WKR
i personally wouldn't run .010 pins. I just cant see them. Most of the guys that order them for usually do the last 3 on their 7 pin sights.