Spot Hogg Moveable Sights

Took some time to check out the tommy and boss hogg moveable and i was really impressed thinking real hard about selling my MBG ascent and going with the spot hogg wanting to hear insight from guys that use the spot hogg and how you like them thanks

japple

FNG
I have been using a Hoog Father for eight years now and have zero complaints. Durable, reliable, and smooth operating! I use the same sight for my target and for my hunting bow. Have the three pin head for the hunting bow and scope attachment for the target bow. Simply unbeatable. MBG makes a good sight, but Spot Hogg sights always seem to be more refined and smoother operating than the MBG.

Love it, I run a 3 pin tommy and wouldn't want anything else. Rock solid, damn near unbreakable, and amazing customer service.

What specifically do you want to know?

Love it, I run a 3 pin tommy and wouldn't want anything else. Rock solid, damn near unbreakable, and amazing customer service.

What specifically do you want to know?[Basically is it a better option than the MBG sight ?

I cannot make a comparison because honestly I've never had another movable sight. Have not needed one I've had the tommy for.... Five years, maybe more. Before that I had a hogg it and before that the sight housings were square.Only thing I've noticed about handling MBG is the pins may be a bit brighter, wether that's your thing or not.

The only draw back I think people have are weight, which personally I'll take the penalty for the ruggedness of the site. And the second is the noise the sigh makes when pulling and pushing the bull knob to lock the yardage wheel, after a little time with the sight I've gotten to the point where you couldn't hear me engage it even If you were standing right next to me

SDHNTR

WKR
I went from an Ascent to a Tommy Hogg. No comparison at all. SH all the way. Built way stronger.

jb79

WKR
What size scope and pins do you recommend for hunting? I have the real deal now with large scope and last to pins are the .10........ Looking at the tommy Hogg! What are you setting your pins for 20-40 or 30-50?

Last edited:

shaun

WKR
I went the opposite way. I love spott hogg but the weight of the 7pin hogg father caused me to have torque issues on steep downhill angles. I wend with the Pure 75 witch is just as bomb proof and half the weight.

ckleeves

WKR
I went the opposite way. I love spott hogg but the weight of the 7pin hogg father caused me to have torque issues on steep downhill angles. I wend with the Pure 75 witch is just as bomb proof and half the weight.

X2. I have had 2 different Tommy's and a Boss Hogg and now have a Pure 75 and it's hands down my favorite. I never has torque issues I just prefer the ergonomics of the MBG and the pins/level. Nothing wrong with Spot Hogg they are well built sights also.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Spot Hogg makes the best site I've ever used. Have three Tommy Hoggs now and the only decision I debate on is three pin or one. The moveable three pin is a great combination of the adjustability of a slider and always ready fixed pins for close range. I have found I do shoot the single pin Tommy better at long range.
I set the pins at 30,40,50.

jgeary338

Lil-Rokslider
take a look at the mbg pure series, i was between a spot hogg and a pure, picked the pure by a narrow margin. just my 2 cents.

I own 3 hogg fathers and a tommy right now, I have had the boss hogg in the past. I have played or shot all of the others. NOTHING compares to the construction of the SH stuff. Truly bombproof. I got a chance to play with the Fast Eddie yesterday... NOT my favorite. I don't like that you cannot use sight tape programs and I dont like that you are stuck with 1 pin heads due to the fact that there is no locking system and the heavy heads may slip.

I LOVE my hoggfathers for my target set ups... i cannot for the life of me figure out why ANYONE would hunt with one. The tommy is just as good, but weights 1/3rd as much. I think Cam Haines hunted with a hogg father once and now everyone thinks they need to.

Joe

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEastID