Spot Hogg making picatinny mounts

trolson90

FNG
Looks like they are finally going to start making sights that use Hoyt's picatinny rail. You can preorder them now on S&S Archery's website. Question is, can you just get the adapter from them? Or do you still need to go through the X-Pro guy? Anybody know? Their instagram hinted at maybe being able to retro fit existing sights but they aren't answering anybody's questions yet.

OR Archer

WKR
Based off of the few pics I’ve seen I would say you’re not going to be able to just get an adapter. It’s all machined into the body of the sight. You could just buy a picatiny base and use your current sight housing though.

OP
trolson90

trolson90

FNG
Based off of the few pics I’ve seen I would say you’re not going to be able to just get an adapter. It’s all machined into the body of the sight. You could just buy a picatiny base and use your current sight housing though.
I don't think it's machined. I looks like it is attached by the same 4 screws they are currently using to hold in their mounting arms on the other models.
1673557978966.png

OR Archer

WKR
EB06C70F-9FC8-4E7F-8607-F0A03503E723.jpeg
It’s all one piece. This isn’t something that’s going to retrofit onto an existing SH sight. You will have to purchase a new pic base. Like I said you can use your existing sight housing and 3rd axis adapter but that’s it.

OP
trolson90

trolson90

FNG
That still doesn't look like one piece to me. It looks identical to my current SH sight (minus the picatinny) and that arm comes off when you remove 4 screws. But, you could be right. Their instagram post where you took that photo from says the "Picatinny rail compatible on the Fast Eddie line." Saying compatible makes me think they'll sell an adapter just like the XPro adapter that is currently available. We'll just have to wait and see when they start responding or if/when they add it to their site.

V-TRAIN

WKR
there is actually a company that makes a conversion to use spot hoggs on a pic mount.

OP
trolson90

trolson90

FNG
I've seen the conversion bracket and been thinking about buying one for a while. Only thing holding me back is it'll void my warranty.

V-TRAIN

WKR
I actually researched it some after I posted that and it sounds like some folks have issues with it.
I just started looking around for them today and ran across that.
I was thinking of ordering a PSE Fortis 33 with the S2 cam and they had the ability to use that mount also.

OP
trolson90

trolson90

FNG
Best bet is to probably just sell the sight I have and use those funds to offset the cost of Spot-Hoggs new pic sight. Hopefully they start hitting the archery shops soon so I can see if they'll be worth it.

V-TRAIN

WKR
probably so, I would really like to know how far it sits off the riser.
I have 3 tommy hogs on bows, and run them as close to the riser as I can because it keeps my pin gaps tighter. I only have a 27.5" draw, so that really means something to me. I might just keep rolling with what I have. Although the picture above looks almost the same distance from where it would touch the riser to where the gear wheel is as it does on the tommy hogg so it is probably about the same or very close to the same.