Spot and Stalk Badlands/Open country Deer Optics

I am just about to pull the trigger on some new optics- I am looking for good value but cant blow the bank up. Looking to keep my spend under $2500 or so. I am laying off the Elk this year and sticking to spot and Stalk archery Deer and Antelope in the badlands/E MT.- I have hunted the Black Hills and surrounding areas and had wished for a spotting scope for digiscoping- that would be a bonus. All along I have had my trusty Vortex Razor HD - they are ok. Last summer I got a pair of 10X42 EL's and they went elk hunting with me - long story short- rolling ball and headaches - I got home and sold some stuff and/ or donated it to local RMEF (Viper Spotter-crap). I still have my Razor HD's and I am looking at the following options - I just want to find deer in the shadows without headaches and dont wanna miss opportunities due to so-so glass (Razor HD's). I do have a quality tripod and VA5 pan head I like...

1) Keep HD's add Sig Zulu6 16x42 and used $700 Vortex Razor HD 13-39 spotter = $1700
2) Add almost alpha 10x42 - Zeiss SFL 8X or 10X, Razor UHD, and Razor HD 13-39 spotter or similar= $2100 after sell HD's
3) Add Demo Razor UHD's and Sig Zulu6 IS 16x42 = $2200
4) Add just Sig Zulu6's - $1000
5) Say F' it and get NL pures and nothing else

I'm not interested in counting inches or rings- just finding deer/antelope in shadows at long distances and determining stalk-worthiness

Thanks!

JGRaider

WKR
After looking through the 16x Zulu 6 at Cabelas this week, I'd take them completely off your list. I thought the optics flat out sucked, the ergos are terrible, and I'd never rely on a battery powered binocular.

OP
S
After looking through the 16x Zulu 6 at Cabelas this week, I'd take them completely off your list. I thought the optics flat out sucked, the ergos are terrible, and I'd never rely on a battery powered binocular.
I looked through them at Cabela’s as well. I was really impressed but I’m with ya on electronics. I’ve got crap in 5 years after the warranty is out vs Zeiss or Swaro forever quality.

kota

FNG
If you aren’t counting inches and want to avoid headaches, I would skip the spotter.

You already have a tripod, and the razors aren’t bad, so I would try to fill in gaps rather than upgrade gear you already have.

Get a good set of 15x56 instead. Meopta or swaro SLC would be my top picks, but I know there are lots of other options.

OP
S
If you aren’t counting inches and want to avoid headaches, I would skip the spotter.

You already have a tripod, and the razors aren’t bad, so I would try to fill in gaps rather than upgrade gear you already have.

Get a good set of 15x56 instead. Meopta or swaro SLC would be my top picks, but I know there are lots of other options.
Appreciate it, I got a DM from someone suggesting the same. I have a line on a deal for some 18x56 UHDs I’m looking at now. I just want to make sure I can see that ear flipping around in the shadows but love the idea of no spotter.

kota

FNG
Appreciate it, I got a DM from someone suggesting the same. I have a line on a deal for some 18x56 UHDs I’m looking at now. I just want to make sure I can see that ear flipping around in the shadows but love the idea of no spotter.
I have never looked through the razors, so I would try before you buy, and compare to everything you can. A better value may be in a used pair, but that comes with some risk and hassle too.

Mounting your binos on a tripod is really going to help pick up that small movement. 15s will do that at reasonable range. I used the new SLCs for a while and also had a top tier spotter. I often found deer with the 15s and couldn’t pick them up with the spotter. I would have to go back to the 15s to get some landmarks before I could find them at 40-50x. Being able to use 2 eyes and good glass wins every time for me. YMMV.

OP
S
Much appreciated- I’ve been listening to podcasts with Cody from GOHUNT saying same finding deer in AZ w 15’s.
I’ve hunted lots in SD but we caught them in funnels- this will be longer distance work.