Sportsman's Warehouse Exclusive T3x Tikka Superlite actual weight in 300 WSM?

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Antone have this rifle in 300WSM? I am buying one and curious if the weight advertised on the Sportsman's website is accurate at 5.9 lbs. The Tikka website has it listed at 6.2 lbs. Curious if anyone has one and what the actual weight is.

B23

WKR
I'll weigh mine tomorrow and report back. I'm not exactly sure what they weigh but they're pretty damn like.

B23

WKR
Antone have this rifle in 300WSM? I am buying one and curious if the weight advertised on the Sportsman's website is accurate at 5.9 lbs. The Tikka website has it listed at 6.2 lbs. Curious if anyone has one and what the actual weight is.
That exact rifle on my digital scale rifle only with empty mag weighs 6lbs 1oz

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you for the info-just waiting on mine to be delivered now. Have to think about a scope and any upgrades needed.

B23

WKR
Thank you for the info-just waiting on mine to be delivered now. Have to think about a scope and any upgrades needed.
Maybe think about having it threaded and putting a good muzzle brake on it. Mine is still new in the box and hasn't been shot yet but a 300WSM that light weight shooting 180-200gr bullets may not be all that enjoyable.

If you want the trigger down around 2-2.25 lbs or lighter replace the trigger spring. I couldn't get the trigger on another Tikka I have much below 3lbs so I bought new spring from Mountain Tactical and I can get it much lower but I have it right at 2lbs now. https://tikkaperformance.com/product/tikka-trigger-spring/

What are you using for rings? Sometimes really light guns can be hard to keep the scope from moving around on you, especially, if you're using a heavy optic. Also, the comb height on these Tikka's is fairly low so I'd suggest keeping you scope as low as you can get it. I have a Tikka Compact in 204 and I used a Mountain Tactical Raptor mount. Not only do they make it in a variety of heights for 30mm and 1in scope tubes but it's a one piece design that mounts on to the Tikka dove tail. It's a very solid setup and still light weight.

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
A good recoil pad is likely one of the first things I will get. I want to try and shoot this with no brake. I had a Kimber 8400 338 WM before and that was about my limit without a brake-I imagine the Tikka will have a bit less recoil plus I will probably not go with a super light scope or mounts. I wanted a fairly light weight base gun so I could add a scope with more weight than the scopes I typically use and still keep it at a decent weight overall. I have a few Leupold 2.5 x 8 scopes on various rifles and a few other scopes of similar dimensions. I am looking at scopes with more heft possibly up to 12x-perhaps a Leupold VX6 2-12 or another similar scope of like dimensions.

Ucsdryder

WKR
A good recoil pad is likely one of the first things I will get. I want to try and shoot this with no brake. I had a Kimber 8400 338 WM before and that was about my limit without a brake-I imagine the Tikka will have a bit less recoil plus I will probably not go with a super light scope or mounts. I wanted a fairly light weight base gun so I could add a scope with more weight than the scopes I typically use and still keep it at a decent weight overall. I have a few Leupold 2.5 x 8 scopes on various rifles and a few other scopes of similar dimensions. I am looking at scopes with more heft possibly up to 12x-perhaps a Leupold VX6 2-12 or another similar scope of like dimensions.
Good luck! I had the sportsman’s super light 300wm. I hated that thing. Recoil pad or not, it will kick the living snot out of you! I refused to put a brake on it but if I was forced to keep it that would be a necessity for me. Mine is now a sweet little 7saum.