Split cases

Beendare

WKR
I’ve never had this happen to me with factory ammo before. This photo is from an old box of Fiocchi 115 grain 9 mm full metal jacket ammo that I’ve had for about 10 years. I have a whole case of this stuff.
9578AB56-632E-40D7-BDC8-E3F9734E8887.jpegBF80C9EB-3276-4BA7-BD90-1AD9D9EB17CE.jpeg

we shot this in a stock Glock 17. I was mainly shooting my 10 mm while my nephew was shooting the nine. He did have a malfunction but I just wrote it off to him limp wristing the G17. I can’t ever remember having a malfunction in that particular pistol.

I have an email into Fiocchi and I’m curious what they will do.

I’ve never seen this before. It appears it’s the whole box of 50 Fiocchi that we shot alongside multiple boxes of blazer and Winchester white box with no problems.

WTH! How much have you shot in the past? I take it that it’s never done this before.
It would shock me if it were 2 or 3 let alone that many.
Please keep us in the loop on this.

Wow, that's clearly a bad batch of brass. I'd reach out to Fiocchi about it and see if their customer service will help you with replacing the rest of the lot.

WTH! How much have you shot in the past? I take it that it’s never done this before.
It would shock me if it were 2 or 3 let alone that many.
Please keep us in the loop on this.

That particular G17 [I have 3 G17's] only has about 1,000rds through it...and my HK compact is at 700rds...I don't shoot it much as I don't like how far back the trigger sets on SA....

Shooting; I went through just shy of 2 cases of 9mm ammo on my own last summer...and more than a case of .45 and 10mm dialing in my G20. I don't know how much I shoot has anything to do with this.

I thought it might be something to do with scratching the case when loading but we were using a Tula...so doubt that's it. Cant be; the Blazer, Winchester and S&B cases were all fine.

The crazy thing is every case was split lengthwise half way down the side identical....the pic makes it looks like they have a crosswise split but that must be a reflection.

I shoot factory ammo for this reason- so this won't happen....I've had squibs, malfunctions etc with some of the cheap reload stuff. My nephew did say he had a couple malfunctions in the G17....which has been perfect for me up to now...so I should have suspected something.

This has to be defective cases. The good news is when cleaning, no damage to my Glock or HK...but they were dirtier than normal after only 600 or so rds

Back