Spiders

Sooner

Lil-Rokslider
We have A LOT of brown recluses here. About 20 years ago one bit me twice on the thumb. I didn't know what it was at the time. I went a few days and started getting very sick. We were at our lake house at Lake of the Ozarks, and I ended up having to have emergency surgery 5 hours from home in Osage Beach Missouri. Was not a fun experience. Still have a pretty gnarly scar on my thumb.

Jumping spiders are pretty cute
Man those things are awesome. I watched a HUGE one sitting on my stairs at camp eating some sardines, just watching him work the edges of the stairs when a small dragonfly cruised by, spider cleared about a 2' jump and intercepted it in the air and took it to the ground. I love stuff like that, couldn't believe it. Down there at camp we're loaded with black widows everywhere, so we keep the house spiders in the cabin and leave them be, the idea being they'll compete for territory and having webs up in all the corners they actually take out mosquitos that get into the cabin as well.

manitou1

WKR
I HATE SPIDERS!!!

My first tour to Afghanistan I barely slept due to all the camel spiders. The things nightmares are made of!

Lots of scorpions too. Yeah, I love them also. 😖

Last edited: