Southerners

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
OK you win but I've seen the movie and all five seasons of Fargo. You guys are more than a little nutty.
:cool:
Yeah, those are documentaries about the cold and snowy side of the state. I live on the west side where it's usually warmer and drier. It's not bad without the wind.

It's all relative. Over 80 in the summer and some of us start getting cranky.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Yeah, those are documentaries about the cold and snowy side of the state. I live on the west side where it's usually warmer and drier. It's not bad without the wind.

It's all relative. Over 80 in the summer and some of us start getting cranky.

Hell I wear a hoodie to about 72 degrees. 80 is still chilly if your not in the sun.

jmez

WKR
Hell I wear a hoodie to about 72 degrees. 80 is still chilly if your not in the sun.
I wear a hoody until it hits single digits, then I put on a coat.

If your gear needs to function in our current weather, you have seriously f'ed up!

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I wear a hoody until it hits single digits, then I put on a coat.

If your gear needs to function in our current weather, you have seriously f'ed up!

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

I just simply would leave the -40 to go somewhere else.
One time I went to canada when it was -10F real temp. That was dumb.
Hell I LIKE it when the temp is low 90's.

northernalpine

Lil-Rokslider
This might could be the best thread I’ve seen since the season ended 🤣
I try to camp on the coldest day of each week this time of year. Sadly, what passes for winter in the Lowcountry of South Carolina isn't exactly cold.
We should see some pretty good temp drops by end of this week in the Carolinas, even down in your neck of the woods.

I think the low for my area is 12 degrees this Saturday night, I know my gear is good to below that but I may set up camp in the back yard just to give the wife and kids something to talk about 😎

Swamp Fox

WKR
Reminds me of when Pat McManus and his buddy would set up a tent in the backyard and try to survive after the porch light went out ... LOL

Good times, good times ....

:giggle:

Yarak

WKR
I’ve been testing my recliner piloting skills for a few hours now
It 20* and the wind is howling
There is no gear needed except exactly where I am right now and I won’t budge until breakfast is ready

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
These conditions in north GA are perfect for gear testing! When season is over I'm all about doing some hiking, camping, and scouting. I survived Snowmageddon in Atlanta and spent 11 hours in a work van years ago.

This might could be the best thread I’ve seen since the season ended 🤣

We should see some pretty good temp drops by end of this week in the Carolinas, even down in your neck of the woods.

I think the low for my area is 12 degrees this Saturday night, I know my gear is good to below that but I may set up camp in the back yard just to give the wife and kids something to talk about 😎

Yes, good enough. I camp during the week, because on weekends I'm all about family. During the week I can leave work a little early and be at the campsite by sundown. Then it's make a fire; setup camp by headlamp; have a drink; cook my steak; and then sleep under the stars. Pack clothes for work and head back to my warehouse in the morning.

27 degrees coming tomorrow night, and I'll be here:

Camp Wide Angle with Flag.jpg

Last edited: