Southern NH Fall Turkey

sroc112

FNG
Looking into a fall trip to Southern NH for an attempt at some turkey hunting. Been doing some reading and seems there are some interesting land laws up there making it pretty advantageous for hunters.

Anyone familiar with a WMU in the Southern portion of the state with some good quality open land?

OP
sroc112

sroc112

FNG
Greetings all - Since i first made the post above, i have now realized that i will be going a bit further north into the state of NH and not aiming for a Southern NH trip.

As of now, i am somewhat looking in or around the White Mountains area.

For this trip i do plan to camp solo, and i should also note that this is my first ever hunting trip. period.

I had a few questions off the top of my head that i was wondering if any experienced guys/girls here may be able to assist with:

- While i know that hunting on a designated campground/campsite is prohibited, if i end up actually camping on a site vs backcountry, will i be able to walk in and walk out of the site with a firearm visible? Thinking that if i actually stayed on an actual campground, id be leaving in the morning on foot to head out into the woods and will have my shotgun on me, and then be coming back late day on foot, still with shotgun on me. Any restrictions at all on that?

- As for my hike and trek throughout the woods in search of an area and game, is there any limitations or restrictions at all to being on any actual hiking trails with a shotgun in the event that other non-hunters are walking on through? Or is it just accepted that you are in an area during hunting season, so they may see people in the woods with guns?

OP
sroc112

sroc112

FNG
Also - If a mod can maybe change the name of this thread to just NH Fall Turkey Hunt, i think that would be more fitting at this point.