Southern Lite Led headlamp / customer service review

Brushcreekbill

Lil-Rokslider
Howdy folks. Thought I would share my experience with southernlite led’s headlamp.
Maybe your like me. Always looking for a better headlamp. We’ll I’ll make this simple….I don’t personally recommend the southern lite headlamp. If your interested in why….read on

I got one a year ago, because I have an affinity for flashlights. And this looked like the ultimate one.

Pros: very bright…great battery life. I personally like the rechargeable batteries as I carry a battery pack hunting and can easily recharge it after several days in the woods.

Cons: bulky and heavier than other lights I’ve had.
The biggest con? It quit after a few months. First it seemed to have a short and then just completely quit.

The instructions online call for contacting southern lite via email or phone before mailing the product back. After a couple of emails over a month without a response, I called the number listed at the time on the website. A supposed owner answered the phone but was irritated that I called him. When I said I was just calling the number listed on the warranty page he replied that it must be a mistake and to only communicate via email. In 6 months no email to customer service regarding warranty claims have been returned.

Interestingly I also tried to leave a review on their website but once filled in it’s marked “pending approval” and it’s never posted. I wonder how many other negative reviews are not approved for public viewing??

The good news? I finally went the “unauthorized repair” route. Took it all apart and was able to solder wires back together that had come apart inside.

Last edited: