Southern Idaho Elk

So I am one of the lucky nonres hunters that drew an archery elk tag for Idaho. I do not want locations or tips on where to find elk. This is a networking post. I have been researching all that I can find and sending pm’s to a handful of individuals that have hunted the specific unit in years past. I am a solo hunter from michigan hunting my 4th season in the west. Had success and failures, pretty driven and capable. My question for fellow roksliders is are there any other forum members that are from the southern Idaho/northern Utah/ northern Nevada area? I would love to build up a network in the area to help with pack outs or rough situations that happen while hunting. I will be in the area july 25-28th for a scouting trip. I am not paying deadline outfitters $8k to hunt for 6 days. Any info, encouragement or contacts would be great.

Last edited:
Edited thanks for the heads up
Hey,

I am another non-res from WA, but originally from SD. Grew up hunting western SD, and drew unit 45 rifle tag this year through October. Applied for a left over deer tag as well due to the overlap.

This will be my first true elk hunt, I poked around western WA last year, but nothing serious.

Sebastian,

drew a nonresident rifle tag for southeastern Idaho and have been doing a bunch of research and have had communications with some fish & game reps out there about strategy. Happy to share what I've learned so far, but will be speaking from the couch and not in-person experience. Feel free to send a pm.

Pat