South Florida Hunting/Fishing Mid October to December

CMF

WKR
We'll be in South Florida from mid Oct to beginning of Dec for work.
What are some must see/ do things in the area? Any hunting worth taking advantage of that time?
We are planning on checking out the keys, everglades and dry tortugas NP.
I'd like to try some peacock bass. The kids want to hunt Iguanas, pythons and shark teeth...
We'll have snorkel gear and some pole spears along too.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
My kids are into snakeheads and "plecos" right now.

We are going to set fish traps in Gainesville area this month. It'll be a sad day when this gets old.

Reactions: CMF
Lots of good fishing in the gulf that time of year. Speckled trout, redfish, snook. All fun fish and good eating. Find a long public fishing pier, too. Might hook a big king mackerel or something.

brando20

FNG
I've never done it before but spearfishing looks like it would be a blast and what better place than Florida.

OP
CMF

CMF

WKR
I've never done it before but spearfishing looks like it would be a blast and what better place than Florida.
Yea, its in the plan, not sure what we'll spearfish for, hopefully something worth shooting that we can get to from the bank or my daughter's paddle board.

brando20

FNG
Yea, its in the plan, not sure what we'll spearfish for, hopefully something worth shooting that we can get to from the bank or my daughter's paddle board.
Seems like the Keys would have some nice shallow water reefs to mill around on.

yfarm

WKR
Fishing the reefs in the keys starts to pick up in December as water temps fall, October water is still pretty warm. Try lobstering in October and November in the keys. Summer crowds are gone and winter people havent yet arrived. Would avoid Duval St in Key West in the evenings Oct 18-27, particularly Wed thru Sat with your kids, its Fantasy Fest time. Daytime its fine.