Sons custom 6.5 Creed

270quest

WKR
For the last couple years, my son (15) always seems to be found carrying my Semi Custom Tikka 7 mag and has killed a bunch of deer and elk with it. I had built him a custom 6.5 Creed on a Remington action when he turned 10, but I built is more as an adult rifle to last him a lifetime and never fit him as a youngster. He also was spoiled to good optics as my Rifles have higher end Zeiss scopes and I initially had put a Burris FF2 3-9X40 on his rifle. The short eye relief always had him crawling on the stock.

It was my goal this October to reclaim my 7 mag for my own use so I did a few updates to his rifle and I think I have him in love with it enough to use it this fall. Going to go shoot it at distance this weekend and get the zeiss dialed in, but right now he likes it a lot!!!

Rem 700 SA - BDL
Bartlien 2b - 1/9-1/8 gain twist finished at 23"
Timney 512 at 2.5 pounds
Cooper LR Sporter Stock
Kampfeld barrel fluting, bolt fluting, campfire knob, and cerakoted in Tungston
Warne bases/rings
Zeiss 4.5-14x50

Will be shooting 139 scenars behind h4350...When I first built this, We had them chronographed at 2820 FPS - We will see what this weekend brings....

download instagram photo high resolution

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
Its a keeper for sure...cloverleafed the 139 scenars at 100, banged steel at 400 and 500 before we left for the hunt.

He killed a small buck with it a few days after that with a relatively easy shot, but hit where he aimed.