Some friends asked us to meet them at Safari Club 2023 in Nashville, but??????

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Yes and no. You'll see Sitka, Kuiu, Kryptek, and any other of the larger brands. Looks like Kifaru and Stone Glacier have booths. But, that doesn't mean you won't see other pack makers. There is usually a good amount of retail there with try on packs from most manufacturers. Schnees and Barneys have booths. Or they will borrow booth space and team up. You can get good deals, but you also have to make up the high entry fee for the show to make it make sense.

I'll be there looking for a very specific hunt and catching up with friends.

Jeremy
Where can I look to see who all has booths this year?

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
We did the Midland SCI extravaganza instead. Kids pissed me off within an hour. Glad we didn’t spend $4500 flying to Nashville. Grandparents live too far to drop them off.

Fishn4eyes

Lil-Rokslider
Well thanks for letting us know you're not going! :)

I'm going. My wife doesn't hunt but has always wanted to go to Nashville.

I like to hunt and like seeing my friends and there will be a bunch of buddies there so I'm going to go to the Show one day to see them and will spend a few days exploring Nashville with the wife.

So just letting you all I know that I am GOING. :)

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
The Midland Extravaganza was a good milestone in our marriage. We have been together for 13 years in June. She has never had an interest or even feined an interest in going to Africa on a safari.

I hunted Africa in 2005, Europe in 2007, we got married in 2010 and I had to stop going. Single E6 finances are not the same as Married E6 finances. Kids and her not working really shut things down until about 2016 when we started really making decent money after I retired from the military.

She was really interested in South Africa until she found out that the places we were talking to were small and not wild.

Going to try to find a free-range place in Namibia or Botswana.

wjohnson1983

Lil-Rokslider
So what am I getting for $140/ticket on a day pass.

Consolidation of outfitters for hunts and put hands on gear? Is the gear or hunts discounted any?

$140 seems steep to pay entrance to walk around somewhere.

So what am I getting for $140/ticket on a day pass.

Consolidation of outfitters for hunts and put hands on gear? Is the gear or hunts discounted any?

$140 seems steep to pay entrance to walk around somewhere.
Yes, most all run "show specials", outfitters and retailers alike. Percent discount with the outfitter depends on a lot of things so it would be too hard to give you a percentage off that is typically seen. But it's less than if you just cold called them on the phone to book a hunt or maybe they have added in an extra animal for a discounted rate.

Retailers can be anywhere from 10-20% from my prior experiences.