Some extra Spending Money

DanM

FNG
Curious as to the advise or comments I will receive.

I have a bit of extra cash - approx. $2,000 - to freely spend. I have been contemplating the best long-term way to invest this money since the odds are against having this available in the future - long-story. I have several good rifles, in decent calibers (Rem 700 - 300 Weatherby Magnum, Rem 700 - 7mm Rem Magnum, 25-06 Savage 110). While not ideal in some cases, covers a broad capability in Big-game hunting for me. I have pretty much done everything I can for the existing - new stocks, bedding, and trigger work. About the only thing I have not done is threaded each barrel for suppression or brakes. I mainly only hunt - no LR stuff - with LR being 500 yards.

Options are endless, but kind of settled on one of the three or four:

1. Purchase a a better scope - Nightforce, Vortex, Leupold, or other. Swap it out with one of my other ones, and try to upgrade.
2. Purchase a Mid-Level Semi-custom rifle - Christensen Arms Ridgeline FFT, Bergara, Seekins in 6.5 PRC
3. Purchase a lower tier rifle - Christensen Arms Evoke Precision, Browning 2 Speed, or other 6.5 PRC and a lower level scope to fit within budget.
4. Or ???

Curious about opinions

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
Option two would be my top choice, I have a Seekins 6.5 PRC and love the rifle. But better glass is always a great idea too. I started upgrading scopes a few years back, and now I just figure good scope into cost of rifle. I'm fond of the Leupold VX5HD scopes for hunting

KenLee

WKR
Buy a $1000 Amplus 6 56mm at Eurooptic.com and take your lady friend somewhere nice a couple nights. The latter gets you more carefree hunting time this season.
After 4 ex wives and 3 yrs on current relationship, I've learned just a little.

kickemall

WKR
Option 4 - Sell all your current guns and scopes. Buy a Tikka .223 and another Tikka in a larger caliber of your choice. Put quality scopes of your choice on them and buy lots of ammo to shoot.
If you don’t have enough money to cover two rifles and scopes after selling what you have then buy a Tikka in 6.5 creed, add a quality scope then try to burn the barrel out of it.
Beware of the man with one rifle. He probably knows how to use it.

I would keep the money aside until I found something I really wanted or needed. I find myself sometimes wanting to spend money then when I do a short time later wishing I had saved it for something I cant live without.

Something that you don't need help deciding on. $2k is a good bit, even these days. I figure if I blow $2000 I probably had to make 3k , to pay taxes and have that left.

Don't mistake me for being frugal or even fiscally responsible when it comes to outdoor gear spending. I’m my worse enemy.