Some ATV questions

I've got a Kawasaki prairie 300 from a buddy. When I first got it was a POS. But with YouTube I've been able to overhaul it. New carb battery tires rear rack and a lot of time into it.
And with the used ATV market being higher than Hunter Biden I can't complain.

Anyways I'm completely new to ATVs. Our elk camp is 3 miles or more in on an ATV trail. We've earned our hard-core backcountry hike in only merit badge a few times hunting in there on foot and being successful. But now we're shifting to smarter not harder. So we use the ATVS to get to camp then park them until it's time to go to town for a burger and or haul meat out.

Can someone tell me how elevation can effect a machine? I've seen some things in it but I'm not on it. I went to Jetsrus and just got more confused. Trail head is at 7800 feet. Then I live at 3200-3300.

Anyone use the Dyno Jet kits and or a K and N filter? I love K and N for my trucks either a cold air or anything they make. It's only a 300 so I'm looking for ways to get every little bit of performance out of this little guy. Especially with how steep one of the mountains is to get back to the truck.

Any ideas on affordable off road atv carts? A small cart for the beer cooler would be awesome! atv racks are kind of awkward and limiting to what you can actually load onto them. I did order the Kolpin back rack and plan on getting the front one which will help. But if I had just a small cart that can handle offroad really well. Load it with like 50-60lb it'd make getting our elk out easier.

Then how are the High Lift lift kits? I've got one coming thanks to 4th of July booze and an impulsive nature The trail has a lot of bad rock and it's super uneven. A little worried about balance issues but if it's that bad I just walk and crawl over the sketch spots that don't have a go around.

tuffcity

WKR
Personally, I think you would have been better off getting decent aluminum belly armour over a lift kit. If you're used to running a mountain snow machine it might not be too much of a stretch for dealing with stability... wearing a kill switch might be a good option if its that tippy.

We take a 2001 Polaris 335 from Missouri to around 10,000 feet. It will run ok just can’t mash the gas down. Gotta ease into it. Other than that it does alright out there. Could obviously use a jet change, but has never given us any issues.

11boo

WKR
I think jetting is over rated till you get to 9 or 10k’. I banged all over the continental divide in a Honda 500 in the 80s. Never changed anything, but I would notice a drop in power above tree line. It just wasn’t enough to push me into a fix.