Some areas not showing on OnX?

I was wondering if someone knows why some units in Wyoming are not showing up on my OnX app? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Macro

Lil-Rokslider
I have had the same thing happen. I went into a new area and the offline maps stopped working. Every time I hit the "my location" button, it would zoom out and Mark my spot in some unknown location. Luckily, my wife had her phone with the maps downloaded so no biggie. It would have really sucked if she didn't have it though. Up until that instance, I had never had a problem with it. I will not trust it in areas I'm unfamiliar with now though. Always have a backup plan.

I think guys rely way too heavily on these maps. Just pick a spot and go hunt. It cant be that hard to find your way back to the truck. Or camp or whatever
I have to laugh when I think about 20 years in Alaska with NO GPS and just a compass or two. For some reason, modern guys can't take a chit without some type of electronics. I'd say 90% wouldn't be in the woods without a crutch of some type. This stuff is not the answer, hard work and common sense is. And a hell of a lot cheaper! Next will be demands for GPS chip tracking of game so you NEVER have to stop looking at some device,until it's time to shoot What a helpless society we are devolving into.

I think guys rely way too heavily on these maps. Just pick a spot and go hunt. It cant be that hard to find your way back to the truck. Or camp or whatever
My wife can't find her way out of a paper bag! My youngest son picked up that chromosome as well. It's amusing until she gets herself lost. Sure am glad I only live on 1/3 acre lot. I am afraid my youngest might need Google Maps one day just to help him find his zipper!

I have to laugh when I think about 20 years in Alaska with NO GPS and just a compass or two. For some reason, modern guys can't take a chit without some type of electronics. I'd say 90% wouldn't be in the woods without a crutch of some type. This stuff is not the answer, hard work and common sense is. And a hell of a lot cheaper! Next will be demands for GPS chip tracking of game so you NEVER have to stop looking at some device,until it's time to shoot What a helpless society we are devolving into.
Well I meant it with humor but there definitely is some irony to it. And you are 100% right. The instant gratification people expect these days just blows my mind.

Jethro

WKR
You got all that from a guy asking why his OnX isn’t working ?

I’m sure that @Illinihunter wasn't out navigating the WY backcountry this past weekend. Probably just looking at OnX maps while trying to work out his plan for entering the draw. Tough to do that with just a compass. Even if you spent 20 years in AK.