Solutions for Maven, Drop Culture, and All Your Sadness

I’m posting this to help out the guys that are having a hard time grabbing a scope or anything else that sells out in seconds.

It’s frustrating, no doubt about it. Finally a great scope is made that retains zero, tracks accurately, is fairly lightweight, and has a fantastic reticle…. And they’re constantly out of stock! Once they come in, they’re gone in minutes or less. You’ve got a rifle just waiting for this scope and it sits naked or with something else that isn’t quite what you want.

Here’s some tips for dominating drop culture:
  • Always sign up for in stock notifications for every variant you may be interested and with any vendor that sells the item you’re after. Make sure you have email notices turned on if using a phone so it shows up on your Lock Screen.
  • Create an account with the website and make sure you’re signed in on the days your product is expected to drop.
  • Be nice to Mollie (Maven) or whoever runs the customer service at the company you’re dealing with. Ask when they expect the items in, they’re pretty spot on.
  • Get ApplePay (iPhone) or the Shop app. Fill out your address, billing info, etc. this is probably the most important piece as it cuts out ALL of the typing and fumbling around with shipping info, billing info, payment, etc. This reduces time and is super fast, convenient, and is extremely easy. You go from a few minutes to type in all your info to a few fast clicks: Add to cart, cart, ApplePay/Shop, double click, done. Scope is on the way.
It’s that easy. I can’t guarantee this will land you the scope or item you want, but it gives you way better chances. Too many good dudes are losing out while typing in all that info. Take the short cut.

Also… I’m not accusing maven of capitalizing on ‘drop culture’. I don’t think they are at all, it’s just they’ve created a highly sought after item and are getting in whatever quantities they can that sell out fast.

Good luck!

Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR
Maven is taking the SWFA approach to scope sales.
Make quality product-people love it- everyone wants one- make 38 scopes a year- scope sells out in minutes

I think they have a better approach to it than SWFA but still underestimated the demand these would have by a lot. This week was a small "expedited" shipment, the July shipment will be a "bulk" shipment. This tells me that Maven actually offered to pay extra $ to the manufacturer to get a shipment ahead of the normal time frame, and I think it was sizeable, likely a few hundred of each configuration.

The absolute best thing about this is that I hope other manufacturers are watching this. Give us what we want!

I think they have a better approach to it than SWFA but still underestimated the demand these would have by a lot. This week was a small "expedited" shipment, the July shipment will be a "bulk" shipment. This tells me that Maven actually offered to pay extra $ to the manufacturer to get a shipment ahead of the normal time frame, and I think it was sizeable, likely a few hundred of each configuration.

The absolute best thing about this is that I hope other manufacturers are watching this. Give us what we want!
My post was mostly sarcasm.
I agree it’s pretty wild when scope manufactures actually make quality product with the options consumers want that it’s extremely difficult to keep them in stock.
I hope whatever magic Maven put into their RS1.2 line makes its way to their other scope offerings.

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
This has nothing to do with that.

This is about anything that is constantly sold out. Maven scopes are just a relevant example and a hot topic for this at the moment.
Yes it does, there are at least 2 threads about the Maven being in stock, monkey see, monkey do.

I don't own a Maven and I never will. I do own a Tikka Superlite 223 stainless, but not because of anything posted here or elsewhere.

I feel like most would be pretty savvy to this, we have had plenty of practice with ammo and reloading supplies the past few years

I’m in a good position right now, I want one of the mavens but don’t need it, but I have a near future build planned and that’s where it will go

I will either turn my 308 into a 6mm or buy a 6mm (which would have to be an 8 twist 243)

I will probably try to grab a maven with the next big shipment, or maybe during that timeframe I will catch someone slippin in the classifieds and find another 3-9swfa

The maven is my #2 choice, I’d still rather have a 3-9 ugly scope, that’s a very hard scope to beat for my needs

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
Yes it does, there are at least 2 threads about the Maven being in stock, monkey see, monkey do.

I don't own a Maven and I never will. I do own a Tikka Superlite 223 stainless, but not because of anything posted here or elsewhere.
Dude, your posts on this thread are anti-productive. Nobody wants your lecture. If you dont like it move on and let people who want to discuss do it without sifting through garbage.

OP
J

This thread isn’t about “hurry go buy a scope!” This is to help for anything guys are worried about selling out in seconds, and stacking odds in their favor so they can buy the gear they want. The reason I mention Maven is cause it’s obviously a sought after item right now and people that want them are missing out when they don’t have to.

Axlrod

WKR
I did none of that. Went on the Maven site a couple times 2 days ago, my scope is out for delivery today. As a buddy of mine says "good clean livin!"

That all said, unless this is your first year hunting, whatever worked last year, still works.

sndmn11

WKR
The best solution is for folks to find scopes that they are curious about , find others who are as well, and then crowd fund the purchase of that scope to send to one of 3ish folks here who demonstrated that they can test them.

SDHNTR

WKR
Or you can just buy from proven companies that are well capitalized enough to manage inventory.