Socks?

mtnbound

WKR
Looking for recommendations on good hunting socks from early to late season. What's everyone thoughts? TIA!

Like most have already said Darn Tough socks are great. I wear them everyday, I have tried Alpaca and they did not last very long and developed a smell that would not wash out. I am trying a Yak wool blend and so far so good but still need more miles to confirm them.

Recently, for grouse hunting in my 16 inch Bean boots, I've been using those cheap Puma crew size running socks that are 98% polyester as a liner sock and putting a Carhartt Arctic sock (64% wool) over that. Lots of cushion and works well for me. I've got Smartwool hunting socks and Darn Tough and proper polypro liners, but I'm liking this new setup so far.

JoshJ

FNG
Looking for recommendations on good hunting socks from early to late season. What's everyone thoughts? TIA!
Willow Ace is what I've been running for the last couple of years. They've held up well, with plenty of miles on them.

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
I use alpaca socks all season.
Same, and I've just gotten to the point that I just wear them all the time. Been phasing out my other socks for a few years now a little at a time. I still have some wool ones I love too, but the alpaca is my favorite.