SO Lanner question

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a lanner a few months ago and have been dicking with it (endlessly it seems) to get it comfortable even under light loads.

I put the 2" frame extensions on it today and lo and behold the 2 straps that pull the frame tight and then compress the bottom of the bag are now too short. Am I screwing something up and they can be routed a different way to maintain both the frame retention and the bag compression functions?

Thanks.
20230121_103336.jpg

OP
P

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
Im sending them an email. Figured since it's the weekend I'd ask the forum.

Superdoo

WKR
Based on my limited experience with their frames, I think you need (or should have) a separate strap for bottom compression. The one that attaches the bag to the frame doesn’t pull double duty.

OP
P

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
Gotcha, I've been using it as it came setup from them. Both the straps had gatekeepers installed and after wrapping and tensioning the frame they clipped to the bottom of the bag allowing it to be compressed nice and tight.

sndmn11

WKR
I bought a lanner a few months ago and have been dicking with it (endlessly it seems) to get it comfortable even under light loads.

I put the 2" frame extensions on it today and lo and behold the 2 straps that pull the frame tight and then compress the bottom of the bag are now too short. Am I screwing something up and they can be routed a different way to maintain both the frame retention and the bag compression functions?

Thanks.
View attachment 504615

That loop and that strap aren't supposed to go together. Send me a PM if you need to get it figured out this weekend.

OP
P

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
That loop and that strap aren't supposed to go together. Send me a PM if you need to get it figured out this weekend.
Thanks, I was wondering if maybe my straps had gotten clipped too short or something. I jkept the gatekeepers on them and compressed the bottom of the bag with them and that seemed to work well without the frame extensions.

Here are a couple pics of mine that may help. Black straps are from the factory. The tan strap is one I added just to compress the bottom of the bag.

4B279877-5F65-4004-8383-E6386928BF30.jpeg2D3D99C0-BD43-4101-9694-E566F48D2CE7.jpeg