So......I bought a old hawken and this happened.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
I noticed in another thread you have a different peep, an adjustable one, Gehmann I think? Did you have to use and adapter to get it to fit the Williams sight?

I'm really liking that sight. I'm seriously considering replacing the old Lyman 57 I have on a rifle with it. It looks much more beefy.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
I noticed in another thread you have a different peep, an adjustable one, Gehmann I think? Did you have to use and adapter to get it to fit the Williams sight?

I'm really liking that sight. I'm seriously considering replacing the old Lyman 57 I have on a rifle with it. It looks much more beefy.
If you look closely at the point of contact between the iris and the bridge of the sight, I had to make a small bushing to clear the bridge of the sight. You could file the bridge for clearance also.

Screenshot_20231102-145425_Gallery.jpg

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
I spun the jam nut around and it didn't quite clear. You could get by with a bit of file work. If you do not the iris body will hit the sight before the jam nut can engage. It's difficult to see because the target knob is in the way....the aperture receiver is shy of the sight bridge.Screenshot_20231001-211737_Photos.jpg

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
If you look closely at the point of contact between the iris and the bridge of the sight, I had to make a small bushing to clear the bridge of the sight. You could file the bridge for clearance also.

View attachment 623750
Are the threads the same? Seems I saw that aperture is a metric? Thanks for the info.

Hiwallman

Lil-Rokslider
Nice shooting. Is this a .50 or .54 cal TC Hawken? Also…..was your over powder wad lubed or dry?