So how many are going back and forth between WY General Random Special and Cheapie fee?

As the title states. Any indecisions? I should draw a good tag in CO this year, but I'm still on the fence how I play my cards in WY.

mlob1one

WKR
I ask myself that question every year. Not going to point up this year because of other hunts, but will likely do it next year.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
Huge gamble this year. You could pay the extra $1300 and then see the data later and feel like a fool.

sivart

WKR
Huge gamble this year. You could pay the extra $1300 and then see the data later and feel like a fool.
Totally agree. I personally don't think this price increase is going to change the way people apply. If anything, it may make the special even worse odds. Time will tell, and I think it will fluctuate year to year.

We had a group of 4 last year apply for general area with a 2.75pt average. We did the special draw and ended up drawing. We were happier to pay and draw versus sit another year or possibly longer. But the new higher fees for the special would make think twice...and a lot harder. It will be interesting to see how it plays out and hopefully settles over the next few years.
Good luck.

We had a group of 4 last year apply for general area with a 2.75pt average. We did the special draw and ended up drawing. We were happier to pay and draw versus sit another year or possibly longer. But the new higher fees for the special would make think twice...and a lot harder. It will be interesting to see how it plays out and hopefully settles over the next few years.
Good luck.
You didn’t draw based on your points. You were unsuccessful and then drew licenses in the random. Your odds were a little better than in the regular. But you drew!

OP
C
My one an only elk hunt (General) up there was incredible, I'd like to get back, but also have a good tag I should draw here in CO this year.

I have some antelope and deer points up there, but need more time on the antelope decision, but I will never go special for those or deer from here on out. For me, it's hard enough thinking an elk hunt is worth 2k. If I didn't hunt them every year, maybe I'd think differently. I need to take a ride up there this spring to decide on antelope that's for sure.

I’m in the same boat. Been studying the odds pretty hard and trying to decide how aggressive I want to be. I’d like to use my WY elk points in the next few years. I’m hoping to cash in my AZ elk points on a late rifle hunt (9 points) but I thought I’d draw out last year and didn’t. So hoping point creep doesn’t get me again. Over the years I’ve tried to rely on the draw odds and quickly figured out just shoot for the all the tags you can get and deal with too many tags, because it’s usually the other way around.

I think I’ll go regular and see what happens. I agree this price increase could be interesting. With some people jumping in thinking it could really help their odds and some people going regular due to the steep increase. Time will tell.