So here is what I'm building

Well after a lot of reading and researching I think I have made up my mind on my new build. Stock is getting close to be made I've had it ordered for some time. Barrel is in hand ready to send to the gunsmith. Waiting on my action to show up. So hopefully by March I'll have it ready to shoot. I'm pretty excited!!!!
Lone Peak Ti Action
Proof carbon Sendero Barrel 26" 300 Rum
Wyatt Magzine
Manners EH4 stock
Timney trigger might end up going to with a Trigger Tech.
Muzzle Brake is still undecided

OP
B
Talked to the guys at Defiance Actions and they had a couple Trigger Techs that they had been testing. They seemed to think they are as good as if not better than the Jewell.

Looks like it will be a good build! I love both my Proof Barrels!!!! shooters for sure!!!!
What bullets u plan on feeding the RUM? I got tipped a Rem700 in 300RUM this year and im thinking about useing the 210 VLDs or the ELR if i can find them?...

I have been wondering about the big push on Jewel? Im all about good product but cant see why people pass up the other companies so much quick i have felt some rifle basix, tims, and even tuned factory triggers that you couldnt tell the difference from a jewell to them... it it a reliability issue or what?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Brain, that sounds like an awesome set up. I'm going to start a thread about a 6# Rum build soon. I really just want to see how far I can accurately shoot a sub 8# rifle. So I might as well post up about the good, the bad and the ugly.

What I notice on the timney, is they always seem to have a little creep after awhile. Never had that issue with jewells. But I have had several issues with jewells freezing up on me in the cold.

Last edited:
hey Ryan im doing the exact same thing with that RUM I got... goal is hits at 1760yd. (24'' x16'' steel)

OP
B
Probably gonna run 215 or 230 Bergers if they will shoot the way I like them. I have a new Timney so I might run it for now it just depends. The hardest part is just waiting on everything to show up.

I got to play with the 200gr ELD-X yesterday and like what i see.... I'm gonna be getting a box to try this year!