Snow Shoes

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
This picture was a few weeks ago. Started knee deep and ended up being waist deep. It effing sucked! Recommendations for a value set of shoes? I’m 185 pounds. With a heavy pack call it 250ish. Always off trail in Colorado powdery snow. View attachment 641193
Cryder, I might actually be able to help you on this.
Personally I would go with a bigger shoe as opposed to weight savings in hope of getting more float.
If you’re into skiing at all and you want to play around on deep snow I would look into getting a set of a/t skis because they essentially make you an elf.

GotDraw?

WKR
The lightning ascents are impressive. I have several hundred miles on a pair I got for about $225 three years ago. The heel risers, aggressive crampons, and relative light weight enable them to climb gnarly stuff, and they really cut down on the energy expenditure and injury potential relative to postholing.

I just bought my wife the MSR revo explore for milder terrain for $200 on sale. Hope they're half as good.

Next I plan to try these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/325503345593

Cuz...if you're on snow, you really should be able to slide back down the mountain.
SWEET!