Snacks

Nuts. Almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc.
At home I typically have oatmeal with walnuts and blueberries every morning
and a quarter cup of almonds every evening.
I keep a bag of almonds in my pickup glove compartment.
Almonds per 100grams have 50 grams of fat, 21 grams of proteing,13 grams of fiber, 575 kcals.

Block

WKR
Nuts. Almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc.
At home I typically have oatmeal with walnuts and blueberries every morning
and a quarter cup of almonds every evening.
I keep a bag of almonds in my pickup glove compartment.
Almonds per 100grams have 50 grams of fat, 21 grams of proteing,13 grams of fiber, 575 kcals.
those all sound delish,, and a great back country meal. The bang for ur buck calorie to volume wise on nuts is terrible for someone tryn to lose weight was my only point,,
I’ll tell you what, you go chug a bottle of olive oil and get back to me, dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
little different than all the processed junk food people were talking about above. Butter and olive oil both will make you poop yes. But the other stuff does the opposite. And high fats combined with any meal really slow down digestion. I’m not saying you shouldn’t have high fats on hunts. Home boy said he wanted to get healthy,, I assumed that meant drop some weight. If he’s saying he wants to “get healthy” I’m sure he could probably afford to drop a few either way.. and cutting fats down,, or not snacking on high fat snacks is probably the easiest way to make improvements.

Last edited:
those all sound delish,, and a great back country meal. The bang for ur buck calorie to volume wise on nuts is terrible for someone tryn to lose weight was my only point,,

little different than all the processed junk food people were talking about above. Butter and olive oil both will make you poop yes. But the other stuff does the opposite. And high fats combined with any meal really slow down digestion. I’m not saying you shouldn’t have high fats on hunts. Home boy said he wanted to get healthy,, I assumed that meant drop some weight. If he’s saying he wants to “get healthy” I’m sure he could probably afford to drop a few either way.. and cutting fats down,, or not snacking on high fat snacks is probably the easiest way to make improvements.

All the "processed junk food" you keep referencing aren't high fat foods though, they are actually high carb foods, and most of them are highly processed/refined carbs. But somehow you keep demonizing the fat.

I only made a comment because you mentioned fat would somehow constipate someone. And as you just noted, fat makes you poop, so maybe it isn't the fat backing people up in these "processed junk food" snacks.

I'm not talking diet dogma here, just plain and simple facts. Fat will not back you up.

Block

WKR
All the "processed junk food" you keep referencing aren't high fat foods though, they are actually high carb foods, and most of them are highly processed/refined carbs. But somehow you keep demonizing the fat.

I only made a comment because you mentioned fat would somehow constipate someone. And as you just noted, fat makes you poop, so maybe it isn't the fat backing people up in these "processed junk food" snacks.

I'm not talking diet dogma here, just plain and simple facts. Fat will not back you up.
I saw Fritos, slim Jim’s, packaged lunch meat that’s half real,, lame bars with terrible macros,, a few other things. That was the processed junk that backs you up yes,, but even healthy fats in your diet will SLOW digestion even if it doesn’t back you up.

And for the record most of those foods have more calories from fat than carbs,,. So call them whatever you want, they are trash,.

High fat meals stay in you longer,,takes forever to digest,, feel gross,, that’s why no athletes have a high fat diet.. back packers can do as they wish,,

I think most people would perform better with higher carbs even on the mountain., or even less food in general so long as you are hydrated and electrolyted up.. sure a 7-10 day hunt is a little different but I feel like most people act like they need a jar of PB for a 1-3 day hunt lol. Carry on,, I’ll stop,, don’t wana argue with you keto police 🤪

I saw Fritos, slim Jim’s, packaged lunch meat that’s half real,, lame bars with terrible macros,, a few other things. That was the processed junk that backs you up yes,, but even healthy fats in your diet will SLOW digestion even if it doesn’t back you up.

And for the record most of those foods have more calories from fat than carbs,,. So call them whatever you want, they are trash,.

High fat meals stay in you longer,,takes forever to digest,, feel gross,, that’s why no athletes have a high fat diet.. back packers can do as they wish,,

I think most people would perform better with higher carbs even on the mountain., or even less food in general so long as you are hydrated and electrolyted up.. sure a 7-10 day hunt is a little different but I feel like most people act like they need a jar of PB for a 1-3 day hunt lol. Carry on,, I’ll stop,, don’t wana argue with you keto police

Please show us on the doll where the mean keto diet touched you?

Geez, your bias is unbelievably obvious. I have neither advocated nor promoted any diet or macro nutrient over any other. The only point of all my posts is the fact that fat does not constipate you, a fact that you already admitted to earlier, or are you ready to take me up on that olive oil chug challenge?

And there are plenty of high fat athletes, a pretty heavy dose of them in the LISS world, which should be an interesting note to you considering that walking around in the mountains would be about the same level of exercise. But, by all means, let’s ignore the facts and keep dying on hills because we are in this camp or that camp. Carry on, dude.

Block

WKR
Please show us on the doll where the mean keto diet touched you?

Geez, your bias is unbelievably obvious. I have neither advocated nor promoted any diet or macro nutrient over any other. The only point of all my posts is the fact that fat does not constipate you, a fact that you already admitted to earlier, or are you ready to take me up on that olive oil chug challenge?

And there are plenty of high fat athletes, a pretty heavy dose of them in the LISS world, which should be an interesting note to you considering that walking around in the mountains would be about the same level of exercise. But, by all means, let’s ignore the facts and keep dying on hills because we are in this camp or that camp. Carry on, dude.

Ok now let’s cling to the redic low % of weirdos that are freak athletes and could be a champion off gummy worms and poor work ethic that for some reason like high fat. Or we just go off the 95+% that run high carb low fat

High carb was terrible for me. Straight carnivore the last year with fruit thrown in here and there. Never felt better, labs are great, energy through the room, lifts are better then ever.

I was a health nut for years. Had a slight inguinal hearina from squating to heavy that caused me to looking into elimination diets to helps healing. Cutting processed foods out changed my life. Bread and pasta make me swell up like crazy. Tomottos give me insane inflammation.

Going high fat / high protein was easy for me. The benefits have far outweighed eating a high carb diet imo. I won’t ever go back to any form of the standard American diet.

kthomas

Lil-Rokslider