Snack bars, healthy eats on a hunt?

I don’t eat many bars but RX is ok. I eat a lot more homemade trail mix with nuts, raisins, coconut flakes, etc

stephane

Lil-Rokslider
Bobo’s oat bars all the way. Impossible to find in Canada but they’re so good I spend the extra money to order from the US

TheHammer

WKR
1st phorm bars & sticks, I like the snickers peanut butter squares, I just got some wilderness athlete pack out bars, should probably try one before I head out. I mix the kind energy dark chocolate and peanut butter protein granola into bags a little for each day. If I need to get some suger I typically have a couple hi-chews in my pack.

Poser

WKR
Thank you for this sir. These nutritionally edge out the probars by a bit which has been my go to. I ordered some to try.

They are pretty good. Just a little on the dry side, but stay together well in the heat as a result. (Dry as in you’ll need some water to wash them down, not as in they’ll dry your mouth out).
I like the PBJ and the Mint Cocoa the best. One of my backcountry skiing partners turned me on to these and I’ve had a box on monthly subscription since the springs. Pricey, but the macros and ingredients are legit.

No bars. Pemmican, jerky, raisins, dates, figs, smoked salmon, hard cheese are all fantastic snacks. Dehydrated banana, apricot, pineapple, and mangos are also great. No sweets. I'd love to take pecans, almonds, or peanuts, but allergic. For some reason I also love Cheez Its.

Last edited:

robtattoo

WKR
Gluten intolerant here.

I usually make my own Larabars. My go to lunch last year, instead of bars; was 4 dried sausages, 1oz cheddar cheese cubes (good, strong stuff) 6 dried figs & 4 dark chocolate cubes.
The figs are very high calorie for what they are, plenty of protein from the sausage & cheese & a quick 'get up & go' treat from the choccy. A mixture in a small sammich baggie kept me going all day.

Bariatric pal bars. 15g protein 160 cal. 8g sugar. They have different flavors. Wife had bariatric surgery, I have my favs. she has hers.
Paydays are still the best! They don’t melt in heat as bad a snickers.
Little Debbie’s for breakfast, oh to be young again and burn calories like a locomotive.

WCB

WKR
There is not a bar on the market I can eat for many days...Ill just stop eating. Weird thing is if I am not backpack hunting and just driving around scouting I can eat trail mix (good stuff with M&Ms AND Milk Duds in it) non stop. After 3 days of eating that as a snack in the Mountains...I hate it.

I'm a Snickers, Baby Ruth, Reeses guy...Some Jerky mixed in and good to go. Obviously Breakfast and Dinner I eat some sort of Dehydrated meal. But no "lunch" for me...just graze all day.

Bobo Bars, One, Kind, Rx, and Cliff Bars. Jerky, PB crackers, and trail mix.

I buy Bobos anytime they are on sale. Calorie dense and no issues from weather temps. Great for road trips too.

Make some yourself. Its not hard. My wife makes them for our kids. Much healthier than anything you can buy in a wrapper.