Snack bars, healthy eats on a hunt?

sndmn11

WKR
What are some brands one should be chasing down? Right now in my snack bag is BarUeat, Battle Bars, and an Alpen Fuel oatmeal thing

PXL_20240908_162012102.jpg

*I have celiac, so gluten free in my case*

Big Sur bars are my favorite, perfect bars are next, and I eat a good amount of protein pucks because they have a lot of calories

The original flavor Big Sur is incredible though, and a change of pace because I eat perfect bars all year

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
I like a lot of the Kind bars if I'm trying to watch the sugar content. I think most, if not all are gluten free.

Tweeder

FNG
Big Sur bars are my favorite, perfect bars are next, and I eat a good amount of protein pucks because they have a lot of calories

The original flavor Big Sur is incredible though, and a change of pace because I eat perfect bars all year
I concur, Big Sur bars are awesome. No preservatives tho. How long have you had them out of refrigeration and eaten them?

Gmr777

Lil-Rokslider
What are some brands one should be chasing down? Right now in my snack bag is BarUeat, Battle Bars, and an Alpen Fuel oatmeal thing

View attachment 761364

*I have celiac, so gluten free in my case*
Kates real food bars are great. Good ingredients and 2 servings per bar. I ordered their newer protein bars but haven’t tried them yet.

JDPAPA

FNG
I will be following this as I am interested as well in low sugar options. There is just so much out there and you almost have to be a dietitian to decipher all of the crap. Really try to eat as healthy as I can but with all of the fructose, sugar alcohols etc.

Spoonbill

WKR
My girlfriend swears by lara bars for when she is training for an iron man. They are pretty clean ingredient wise and I think gluten free.

If you like RX bars try the Tally Bars
Pro bars are ok.
Honey stinger.

But im going more and more away from seed and nut bars, especially seed i just don't like them.

I've gone to cheaper and easier to buy junk food. As I was finding id only eat the seed bars if I was about to die and packing them to the truck.

Or opening them and tossing the bar before hiking back.

I don't mind the suger while hiking, hunting.

The problem is resisting the cravings after im off the mountain.