smokes or chew

bwlacy

WKR
How do the tobacco users handle the nicotine addiction for 10 days in the back country? Do you still smoke and pack in cigs? Do you chew while hunting? I know you have to hunt the wind so the scent may not be an issue. What about the added weight in the pack for a couple weeks?

Man , are we so in between hunting seasons that this is a subject of discussion? I bring a one hitter and some green BTW.

dotman

WKR
I bring enough cans to last an extra few days then I plan to be out. I don't cut weight here but really it's what, an extra pound (no clue as I could careless on the weight since it is mandatory) on the pack in is really the only time you carry it all. I don't keep every can with me while hunting, it hangs with my food.

Last edited:

PMcGee

WKR
I usually take a can per day. I chew while I'm hunting out west and in my tree stand back east.

ureyes

FNG
depends on what weapon Im packing. I will take smokes and chew both. if bow hunting I smoke very little in the field....with rifle im not as concerned but try not to smoke to much.....and definitely not during prime hours. Colorado will be an interesting hunt this year.

OP
B

bwlacy

WKR
I do smoke about 1/2 a pack a day and haven't decided what I'm going to try and do. I thought about bringing some E cigs or chew. I don't smoke in the woods at all when whitetail hunting, or in any of my hunting clothes. But I kind of figure after a few days in the mountains I won't be scent free anyway, so I might just bring the smokes.

Cutting back on the chew. I might bring a tin or two for end of the day. We're looking at possible 10-12 days without coming out. Everything is being scrutinized and justified. I already have caffeine as a "must have".

dotman

WKR
^^^ I agree, being a non smoker, I think that smokers don't realize just how bad cig smoke holds to clothing. That stuff just absorbs into everything and cannot be masked. Once a vehicle has been smoked in it has that smell forever.

With chewing just your breath smells like ass :)

husky390

WKR
I chew, so it gets packed before my food does. I use the Copenhagen pouches so I don't have to worry about little bits of tobacco interfering with my calls. This year I may bring a corn cob pipe with regular tobacco, no wacky tobaccy, and smoke it around the campfire at night.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Ecig its all I do now since I waterproofed my lungs back in 2013 Helped me quit smoking now I take non flavored Ecig Juice and my Istick Ecig. I can use my Goal Zero Nomad 7 to charge it also. Always take high Nicotine liquids 24mg 50 ml Bottles. Its almost no smell and its not smoke just a vapor that disipates pretty fast and leaves no scent. I also use this for my wind checker. =-)

OP
B

bwlacy

WKR
Ecig its all I do now since I waterproofed my lungs back in 2013 Helped me quit smoking now I take non flavored Ecig Juice and my Istick Ecig. I can use my Goal Zero Nomad 7 to charge it also. Always take high Nicotine liquids 24mg 50 ml Bottles. Its almost no smell and its not smoke just a vapor that disipates pretty fast and leaves no scent. I also use this for my wind checker. =-)

What is waterproofing your lungs? Never heard of that. I'll have to try a few ecigs, never have. I know that cig smokes sticks to everything and really stinks. That is why I don't smoke or where my hunting clothes anywhere but the woods when whitetail hunting.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
What is waterproofing your lungs? Never heard of that. I'll have to try a few ecigs, never have. I know that cig smokes sticks to everything and really stinks. That is why I don't smoke or where my hunting clothes anywhere but the woods when whitetail hunting.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/show...Post-about-my-Christmas-and-a-product-warning

That was Dec 2013. since then I havent touched a Cig. Used a negative to create a positive. Amazing how much farther and longer I can go now that I quit smoking. I was a 25+ year smoker when I quit.

Vaping is a bit different instead of burning stuff and polluting your lungs. Your breathing in a vapor that is used in Inhalers that has nicotine in it. If you use it to quit smokea I always recommend getting a high nicotine ml 18 - 24 ml if you have been smoking a long time. Then if you want to quit all together you can work yourself off. Me, I enjoy nicotine. So I keep doing it. Vaping allows me to without all the harmful side affects. just make sure your getting good quality Ejuice. Some of the Juices have been shown to have some crap in them that are just as bad as cigs.

OP
B

bwlacy

WKR
http://www.rokslide.com/forums/show...Post-about-my-Christmas-and-a-product-warning

That was Dec 2013. since then I havent touched a Cig. Used a negative to create a positive. Amazing how much farther and longer I can go now that I quit smoking. I was a 25+ year smoker when I quit.

Vaping is a bit different instead of burning stuff and polluting your lungs. Your breathing in a vapor that is used in Inhalers that has nicotine in it. If you use it to quit smokea I always recommend getting a high nicotine ml 18 - 24 ml if you have been smoking a long time. Then if you want to quit all together you can work yourself off. Me, I enjoy nicotine. So I keep doing it. Vaping allows me to without all the harmful side affects. just make sure your getting good quality Ejuice. Some of the Juices have been shown to have some crap in them that are just as bad as cigs.

Holy crap! I never would have thought about it either. Thanks for the heads up. Any long term side affects?