Smallest chest freezer size for Bull Moose?

packer58

WKR
What's the smallest size chest freezer in cubic feet that will fit a bull Shiras moose? Cut and wrapped.
Keep in mind the down side to a full chest freezers .....all the good stuff ends up at the bottom, then your digging it out ...........

OP
MuleDeerMike
Keep in mind the down side to a full chest freezers .....all the good stuff ends up at the bottom, then your digging it out ...........
Very true but my current 18 cu ft one is full of miscellaneous stuff as well as deer, elk and cougar. I never thought in a million years I'd get drawn for moose so now I'm trying to be as efficient as possible with the limited space I have left in the shed for another freezer is what I'm going for here with this post.

packer58

WKR
Very true but my current 18 cu ft one is full of miscellaneous stuff as well as deer, elk and cougar. I never thought in a million years I'd get drawn for moose so now I'm trying to be as efficient as possible with the limited space I have left in the shed for another freezer is what I'm going for here with this post.
It's all good, chest freezers are great and relatively inexpensive but can be a pain in the butt for the reason i stated. Actually i have both in my garage, i farm stuff out of the chest and put it in the upright as needed.

I brought home a 40" NW Alberta (decent body size) bull moose I arrowed last fall (with Bryon Wolf on a cancellation hunt) in my 12 CF chest freezer (Honda EU1000i generator powered) with plenty of room left over. Took 100% of the red meat, but no tallow or bones. Everything but the hamburger meat was vacuum sealed in camp. Hamburger meat was put in large bags for grinding and vacuum sealing at home. I took the trim home as well to grind for the dog. Meat was lightly frozen when I left base camp and frozen hard when I got home 26 hrs later. There was 450#s of meat and trim. Probably could have fit it all in a 10 CF freezer?