Small/light weight budget scope

Look for a light weight budget scope. About the only thing I can find is a vortex crossfire 2 or diamondback 2-7x32. The issue is they come in at 14oz, so at that point I should just get vortex 3-9x40.

Any recommendations? Open to other brands, vortex is just what I have found so far to be in my price range.

Look for a light weight budget scope. About the only thing I can find is a vortex crossfire 2 or diamondback 2-7x32. The issue is they come in at 14oz, so at that point I should just get vortex 3-9x40.

Any recommendations? Open to other brands, vortex is just what I have found so far to be in my price range.

Burris Droptine 3-9x40. Not made in China and better than a Vortex Diamondback. Doug at Camera Land is out right now but Natchez has them. https://www.natchezss.com/burris-dr...-plex-reticle-33-13-fov-3-1-3-8-er-matte.html

mrolen

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a vx2 ultralight 3x9 cds from midway on sale a few years ago for 170$ might be worth looking around for one not sure if they are still making them. I wouldn’t recommend low end vortex for a hunting rifle.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
Burris fullfield 2. Probably get it for under 200 dollars from cameraland NY.
Picked one of these up for a set and forget it (non-dialing) scope on a lightweight rifle and have been happy with it. It's 13oz with pretty good eye relief.....and overall reviews are very positive for a scope in this price range.
CamerlandNY is out of these as I believe they are being discontinued....but Optics Planet has them on sale for $150 and Natchez for $135.

Last edited:
The Burris fullfield 2 or redfield revolution… both have good reticles and seem to be like every other lightweight scope in durability… I personally prefer the redfield but likely because I have shot them more, and for a simple reticle, it was always useful and intuitive

I had more issues with every VX leupold I have owned than the Burris or redfield

OP
Thebigbaby
thanks for all the responses. I wanted to do the Burris but didn’t like how the optic yard marks lined up in correlation to what I want to shoot, .308 180 gr. The older luepold’s are hard to track down and the weight penalty is not hardly anything to get more magnification and bigger objective.

I’m a cheap bastard but ended up going with Leupold 3-9x40.

Jsaw87

FNG
thanks for all the responses. I wanted to do the Burris but didn’t like how the optic yard marks lined up in correlation to what I want to shoot, .308 180 gr. The older luepold’s are hard to track down and the weight penalty is not hardly anything to get more magnification and bigger objective.

I’m a cheap bastard but ended up going with Leupold 3-9x40.

The Long Range Reticle on the fullfield E1 is a MOA reticle. Plus Burris does a custom dial that for me has been spot on out to 500 yards.