Small Diameter arrow shafts.

swat8888

WKR
Oh and, I've shot a HIT insert on my Beman into a 2x4. Insert didn't budge, and the arrow didn't break...just pulled it out. Then again, I have cracked the carbon on the same setup as the string slapped my arm and sent an errant arrow into the hard, rocky AZ dirt.

TK

FNG
i have shot axis for a couple years and liked them, trying the VAPs this year, im pulling around 80lbs and it seems like i can get a better FOC on a stiffer shaft with them, also they make a stainless steel outsert, i think its around 90grains.

JGO

FNG
My personal experience is that outserts have a tendency to bend. I will switch to the ultra small diameter shaft like injection or VAP when the broadhead which i prefer catches up with those shafts. I like the price point on the VAP but the outsert is a liability....does the Injexion insert fit the VAP? For now, I'll stick with the GT Kinetic and HIT inserts. This combinatin has an FOC that Ends up on the low side (9.5%) but it's working well for the time being.

ktowncamo

WKR
Me personally im going to stick with axis or fmj's until more broadhead companies adopt the new deep six insert that they use in the injection arrows. Then ill give the injections a try.

I do love my fmj's though. Alot of guys will complain that they bend, and they can, however iv found after shooting them and axis for a while now that the fmj is very durable.
+1 I keep looking at all types and brands but keep going back to the FMJ. Can't argue myself out of the confidence I feel with them in the quiver.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
It seems like everyone that has used VAP's says the inserts bend, even the SS ones? I understand they are a little spendy to replace but are the SS ones bending on normally shots into targets? Or are they bending on shots that would normally flare out and break a normal carbon arrow?