Sleeping Pad - Stone Glacier?

Going to Alaska next year on a moose hunt. Looking for a sleeping pad recommendation that is light weight that doesn’t break the bank. My friend ordered the stone glacier one but at $200 it’s nearly 10x more expensive than others on the market. I’m all about buying the best but curious if it’s really the best and is worth it or if there are other better alternatives for less money?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome!

I don't think SG has their own pad, last I checked they were selling the Neo air's. The pad is the one piece of gear you don't want to skimp on. I don't see how they are 10x others, but there's no way I'd use a $20 pad. Regardless, it is one of the best pads out there, and a necessity imo.

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
$200 seems reasonable for a good pad.

I have an Exped and it is great but about the same price as the Neoairs.

Anything less than about a 4r rating and you will lose some of the temp rating out of your sleeping bag.

OP
WesternWisconsin
Welcome!

I don't think SG has their own pad, last I checked they were selling the Neo air's. The pad is the one piece of gear you don't want to skimp on. I don't see how they are 10x others, but there's no way I'd use a $20 pad. Regardless, it is one of the best pads out there, and a necessity imo.

Thanks for this. Your right, sorry I just meant he got it through stone glacier. I do believe it is a neo air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A pad isn’t the place to skimp out. I’d go a cheap bag over a cheap pad. The neoair xtherm would be a good pick, several places running sales. The wide is worth the extra weight/price for comfort.