Sleeping Indian - King of the Mountain - Silent Predator

Boman425

FNG
Does anyone have any experience with these?
Finding some recent info on any quality wool gear is next to impossible..

Thanks!

ahlgringo

WKR
Have both KOM (bunwarmer and hooded sweatshirt) and Sleeping Indian (vest) pieces. They are superb quality, durable, silent and super warm. As you prob know- they are also heavy. Despite the weight, they are my go to late season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Boman425

FNG
Thanks! I am thinking about getting Sleeping Indian or KOM pants. How do they perform trudging around? easy to walk in? good breathability?

ahlgringo

WKR
Yeah, super easy to walk in and super comfortable. Never had any issues with breathability- as you know most wool is not super tightly woven so breathes pretty well.

If you are not concerned with the weight- would highly recommend

Cheezhd

FNG
Classified Approved
I have the Kom bunwarmer pants,hillbilly bibs, bowman jacket, and hooded lined jacket, there a heavier wool but when you get a little snow or rain there the warmest!!

I had a set of KOM gear, pants, vest, shirt and a jacket. Warm, but heavy and a pain to pack. If i did more stand hunting they’d be awesome or lived in the arctic. They didn’t workout for me like I had hoped so after a couple of years of trying to make them work I sold them.

blackdawg

WKR
I had a set of KOM gear, pants, vest, shirt and a jacket. Warm, but heavy and a pain to pack. If i did more stand hunting they’d be awesome or lived in the arctic. They didn’t workout for me like I had hoped so after a couple of years of trying to make them work I sold them.

Dead on, stand hunting late and not walking far or needing to be agile ok, tempted to sell mine at times and get one of the IWOM bags for my purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbeck36

Lil-Rokslider
How's the fit?are they a soft wool?what's the inside look like?Thanks
He gets your measurements and goes from there. He is willing to altar if needed. The feel would be a medium soft I guess. Not scratchy but not soft either. Mine is lined with a soft fleece around the neck. They are a dream to wear. Tons of pockets, I probably wouldn't need that many but you could probably customize it. Great dude to deal with.

Cheezhd

FNG
Classified Approved
He gets your measurements and goes from there. He is willing to altar if needed. The feel would be a medium soft I guess. Not scratchy but not soft either. Mine is lined with a soft fleece around the neck. They are a dream to wear. Tons of pockets, I probably wouldn't need that many but you could probably customize it. Great dude to deal with.
Sounds good!! Thanks for the info!

The owner, Ralph, will literally text or call you within an hour of sending them an inquiry.

ECW is another solid choice, can't go wrong with either of these two.

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
I have all 3. A Sleeping Indian vest and zip up jac-shirt(?) a KOM jac-shirt(?) and a Silent predator jacket
I rabbit and snowshoe hare hunt mostly. they are tough products and stand up well to wear and use. As far as warmth, I don't feel they are any miracle clothing pieces but they are definitely warm. As you use them, you will learn based on temp how you will need to layer for the activity you will be doing. I purchased the vest and silent predator jacket new, the other two pieces I bought off ebay or from a forum like this one. Yes they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. Sitka, first lite, Kuiu are all expensive as well, i guess it all boils down to the style of hunting you do. I am kind of a traditionalist and like wool. I am always on the lookout for more of their products used and on sale. I have a wool Filson coat I use when riding horseback in cooler/colder temperatures. I'm sure a puffy jacket layered properly would work great as well, but again, I like wool and it keeps me warm so that is what I choose.

shtrbc

Lil-Rokslider
Silent Predator Jacket and vest here. As mentioned, late season or stand hunting. I like it for durability and also quiet movement. I also use a Heater Body Suit on stand when it get ridiculously cold in MN and ND. (not this year)

Cheezhd

FNG
Classified Approved
Does the Silent predator compare to king of the mountain wool?how's the fit? thanks

tracker12

WKR
Silent Preditor Jacket and vest for me also. LOVE the stuff. Just wish I bought the pants when it was affordable.

Louied

FNG
Save a little money and go with Silent Predator.I have the jacket and it is awesome,the wool is made by Pendleton here in the U.S. And is as good in quality as KOM and Sleeping Indian.Do your homework as Sleeping Indian and KOM are not the same wool as when Ted Ranck was making those products.