Sleep pads

TX_Diver

WKR
I have 10-12 nights on the neo air x lite nxt max since mid July.

Comfy, but it leaks air so so I’m almost on the ground after 8 hours.

Cascade designs/ therm-a-rest is a pain to get ahold of so it doesn’t seem like it’s going to be replaced before my next trip unfortunately.

I haven’t tried it in sub freezing temps yet but it did fine into the 30s with a WM badger.

I bought a couple of used Sea to Summit pads from the classified section here and they have been surprisingly awesome. I couldn’t tell you what model they are, but they’ve been durable and really comfy. They aren’t real thick, unsure of the R value but I sleep well on them and don’t have any issues. When I get home I’ll take a look and see if I can find which model they are.

Seeknelk

WKR
Just to report , using the NXT rectangular, 25" wide model with a Zen bivy 15 light bed. Giving me my best sleep ever, incredibly comfortable combo..almost too warm with nights at 31-40 degrees but it's easy to vent the quilt so it was money. Buddy got chilly in kuiu 30 bag on a thinner sea to summit which makes sense.

I'm trying to decide between the xtherm, xlite, and expeds ultra 5 and 7.

I've got a Chinook 0 bag and usually when I'm backpack hunting it's a low of 20-30, but there is occasionally some bad weather where the low at night dips to 10.

I'm really torn on higher or lower R value and whether I want to try expeds vertical baffles or not. I read somewhere a lot of people think they're more comfortable.

Thoughts on needed R value combined with my bag and if exped or thermarest is more comfortable?

OP
A
I am just back from Alaska . Have same bag and used the thermarest 25 inch, worked well for me . Had snow storm one night, ice storm next day and couple nights on mountain with 35 knot winds . I stayed warm with my setup.

CMF

WKR
I'm trying to decide between the xtherm, xlite, and expeds ultra 5 and 7.

I've got a Chinook 0 bag and usually when I'm backpack hunting it's a low of 20-30, but there is occasionally some bad weather where the low at night dips to 10.

I'm really torn on higher or lower R value and whether I want to try expeds vertical baffles or not. I read somewhere a lot of people think they're more comfortable.

Thoughts on needed R value combined with my bag and if exped or thermarest is more comfortable?
We've got two xtherms, 20" wide I guess. We added a sea to summit ether light,25" wide i think and now we fight over it.
The xtherms are warm, but they are kind of loud like a dorito bag. We also like the wider pad.
I'd be willing to part with the xtherms.

WyoBC_99

FNG
The x-lite or the x-therm?

I vote therma-rest diversifies their naming structure a bit lol
I'm not certain but I think the new pads all have the same noisiness, whether it's the xtherm or the straight neo-air. The older pads (not listed as NXT) were super noisy so they released these new versions and reduced that. Whether or not it's still too loud for you is gonna be personal opinion.
I've been considering buying one of the next nxt pads because the noise was the only thing I didn't like about the old one.