Slams?

The big 8 and big 10 are for Colorado I believe they were started by the CBA. My dad just needs a shiras and he will have the big 10 with a rifle, I just need to draw a mtn. goat and bighorn and I will have my eight completed.

Yea. The Colorado 8 is a CBA thing and done with a bow. I too need to draw sheep and goat and then I will have completed the 8 natives with bow.

bowuntr

WKR
I have an archery deer slam, one Roosevelt short of a archery elk slam. I'd like to do the caribou and moose slam someday. I have a California archery slam too... 13 different species. I enjoy hunting different species and these slams were my personal goals... nothing more. Some guys become experts at one species... I'm an expert at nothing... just enjoying the different adventures. Ed F

ckleeves

WKR
I have an archery deer slam, one Roosevelt short of a archery elk slam. I'd like to do the caribou and moose slam someday. I have a California archery slam too... 13 different species. I enjoy hunting different species and these slams were my personal goals... nothing more. Some guys become experts at one species... I'm an expert at nothing... just enjoying the different adventures. Ed F

What animals make up the California archery slam?

bowuntr

WKR
The California Bowmen Hunters is the organization in Ca that does the record keeping, along the lines of the Pope and Young Club. CBH recognizes and scores some animals that are unique to Ca. Here is what I have taken, that CBH keeps records on.

Columbia Blacktail Deer
Mule deer
Pacific Hybrid deer (cross between blacktail and mule deer)
Pronghorn Antelope
Black Bear
Tule Elk
Santa Cruz Island Sheep (erradicated)
Catalina Island Goat (erradicated)
Island wild hog (erradicated
Mainland wild hog
Turkey
Bobcat
Coyote

Ca animals I haven't taken...

Desert Bighorn Sheep
American Elk
Roosevelt Elk

There's a good chance that I will never even draw one of the last three before I die... Ed F