Skre

Michael54

WKR
I have the kodiak pants and ptarmigan puffy and like them enough that i bought the guardian coat. Their stuff performs well over its pricepoint.

bard

Lil-Rokslider
I have the hardscrabble pants and the ptarmigan puffy. Love them so far. Have not tested them on a tough hunt yet.

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
Love all of my SKRE gear but the sizing can be inconsistent across different pieces. I can fit in a small for a baselayer and then a large jacket is almost too tight. Call or email their CS for sizing before you order and they will get you squared away. They have great customer service in my experiences plus free shipping for returns if you don’t like the fit and need a new size. Hardscrabble pants are going on like 5-6 years of hunting all over the US with just minor piling mostly from brush busting pheasant hunting in bramble but no tears yet

Anyone have experience with skre gear? Considering their rain gear. Thoughts?
I have the hardscrabble pants, sizing was awkward so I just use them as a backup to my KUIU pants. I bought a base layer T from them and just didn't like the material. That being said, their gear seems of quality but not much difference in price from KUIU/First Lite.

I like Skre Gear, and will promote them. With that being said, I am selling clothing lot (Hardscrabble Jacket, Pants, etc.), simply because I do not wear it anymore. I have the Nebo and Ptarmigan Jacket, that I absolutely love. If you are interested (pending on size), I would be willing to give you a good deal on it.
Like some of the previous posts indicated, the sizing is a little bit different. They worked with me to ensure that I was outfitted with the material that fit me correct. I do find the gear to be of pretty good quality. I have just adopted to wearing soilds, and do not wear the camo material anymore.

OP
flatlander51
I like Skre Gear, and will promote them. With that being said, I am selling clothing lot (Hardscrabble Jacket, Pants, etc.), simply because I do not wear it anymore. I have the Nebo and Ptarmigan Jacket, that I absolutely love. If you are interested (pending on size), I would be willing to give you a good deal on it.
Like some of the previous posts indicated, the sizing is a little bit different. They worked with me to ensure that I was outfitted with the material that fit me correct. I do find the gear to be of pretty good quality. I have just adopted to wearing soilds, and do not wear the camo material anymore.
Shoot me a message with the sizes, I typically wear Xl

I've been pretty happy with their gear. I've been using their Hardscrabble Pants and Jacket for a few years, and still holding up very well. I don't have experience with the other top brands, but I'd buy SKRE again. I do have their rain gear, and have used it in light rain with success, but never really used it in heavy rain. I did get one top from their outlet that ran small, but it was like $10.
They occasionally have some very good sales and keep an eye on their outlets.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have the kodiak pants and ptarmigan puffy and like them enough that i bought the guardian coat. Their stuff performs well over its pricepoint.
How do you like the Kodiak pants? Any quibbles with them? Are they suspender compatible?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do you like the Kodiak pants? Any quibbles with them? Are they suspender compatible?

They have standard belt loops but no additional suspender attachment points.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Michael54

WKR

I like them a lot. With my first lite base layer, ive managed quite comfortably in downright frigid temps. Clip on suspenders work fine for me. Wouldn't be hard to add exterior buttons yourself for traditional suspenders though.

As a few others have mentioned, the sizing isn’t super consistent and you might not be the same size across different layers. Clothing is decent quality. Customer service is great.

Their guarantee is no joke, I bought and exchanged/returned numerous pieces.

I’ve got a few things and they’re great. Love their waterproof gloves, have at least two pairs. Good luck.

I have the nebo rain jacket and it's really nice, packable but feels durable, and slightly softer and quieter than your typical swishy raincoat fabric. The one hang up (which I'm sure they'll address soon) is no pit zips on the rain jacket. I didn't get the pants because I'm trying to sell some other rain pants I already have first, but I should have got them while they were in the outlet.

Their guarantee and return policy are solid. One or two things that I bought from them I decided I didn't want and returned them, and because of that I've been more willing to pull the trigger on some of their other stuff that I wasn't sure about because their returns and exchanges are free and easy.

Their prices are good and they have sales on top it, and you can always get a discount code (20off for 20% off). If you want 100% merino layers they're going to be almost the same regardless of brand so thats one item where I'll definitely shop Skre first because of their price point.

Last edited: