SKRE Bundles

Sherman

WKR
My freshmen son worked all summer inspecting boats at the lake and wisely spent the majority of his earning on multiple firearms he uses for hunting. Now that football season is over he has decided to not play any other sports until football next year and will be spending his time in the weight room, hunting waterfowl, and already has a new job lined up. He got used to having $$$ in his bank account to get whatever he wants whenever he wants (he’s also a sneaker head). I have always bought his hunting gear, but not dropped $$$ on the high end stuff as he would outgrow it every 6 months or so. I asked him what he wants for Christmas (last year it was a Kifaru pack frame) and this year he wants goose decoys. He said he wants to spend his money on a complete layer system. I noticed SKRE has different bundles for discounted pricing and was wondering how they compare to Kuiu or Sitka stuff. I have Kuiu stuff he likes and most people we hunt with have Sitka gear he likes.

We wish there was a few different color options for the SKRE stuff,that might ultimately lead us away from them, but I was wondering what people who have owned SKRE clothing in the past think about the quality of it compared to other “high end” clothing. Warmth, breathability, longevity, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

I have purchased a couple bundles from them over the last 4yrs and I have nothing but good things to say about them. They have amazing customer service, which is really nice when trying to get the right size. This past weekend I finally used my Nebo rain set after owning it for a number of years, and it worked amazing. I love their ptarmigan puffy jacket. I does the job of keeping me warm. I think that it was worth the investment for me. I also have clothing from SG, Kuiu and FL to round out my kit. The difference is marginal these days, and everyone makes quality outdoor gear (with the exception of my obsidian merino pants! lol)
Everyone is going to have an opinion on it, so you will ultimatlely have to decide on your own. Maybe you can watch the classifieds here and see if there is something you can get used to try out and see if you like it at a better price point.
If you do have any other questions, please do feel free to reach out!

brandr67

FNG
I have purchased a couple bundles from them over the last 4yrs and I have nothing but good things to say about them. They have amazing customer service, which is really nice when trying to get the right size. This past weekend I finally used my Nebo rain set after owning it for a number of years, and it worked amazing. I love their ptarmigan puffy jacket. I does the job of keeping me warm. I think that it was worth the investment for me. I also have clothing from SG, Kuiu and FL to round out my kit. The difference is marginal these days, and everyone makes quality outdoor gear (with the exception of my obsidian merino pants! lol)
Everyone is going to have an opinion on it, so you will ultimatlely have to decide on your own. Maybe you can watch the classifieds here and see if there is something you can get used to try out and see if you like it at a better price point.
If you do have any other questions, please do feel free to reach out!
Hey fellow Zeelander, how do you think the SKRE gear would fare for mid-late season whitetail?

Hey fellow Zeelander, how do you think the SKRE gear would fare for mid-late season whitetail?
I wore my Ptarmigan this past weekend in the deer stand, and I wasn't chilled at all. I did layer accordingly underneath with base layers. I was very happy with the results with a cold north wind blowing straight in at me. I really like the Kaibab base layer as well with the Hardscrabble Jacket/Pants in the early part of the season as well.
As I mentioned, there are so many good brands out there these days, and the products that SKRE is putting out match up with the other brands.

anw0001

FNG
I’ve accumulated a lot of Skre items this year; hardscrabble gear, base layers, down jacket, ultralight jacket, and guardian gear. It is very top notch and always much cheaper than their competition. I’ve got the summit pattern, it blends in very well with Tennessee woods year round. He would not be disappointed with it.