Ski touring / AT gear

Poser

WKR
I’m still researching bags and not quite sure what direction to go. Kind of thinking fan but still understanding pros and cons of it all.

I’m pretty set on clothing but definitely want a polar tech alpha piece. Any recommendations? The dynafit one looks solid, but also checking out the BD insulated alpine start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A big consideration for any airbag is how much space the airbag apparatus takes up from the total volume of the pack. For example, I have a 43L BCA canister bag and the canister and airbag easily eat up 15L or more. No way I could fit in a 36L version of the same pack. Throw in a puffy, layers, extra gloves, spare parts, tools, bladder, first aid kit, Avy gear, and im usually struggling to fit everything.
The newer designs with fans and cartridges etc are much compact and lighter, albeit, quite a bit more expensive.

Macintosh

WKR
15l is a lot! My airbag from 2020/2021, the cartridge, the balloon, trigger and mechanism takes up less than 3l of space in the pack. Hit me up if you want a good deal on it, like I said its gathering dust here on the east coast, its practically new. I think the alpride system is probably the standard now, not sure how much space it takes up but thats the capacitor powered one, no cartridge necessary, and a bunch of the brands have licensed the airbag part from alpride.