Sitka vs Kuiu Comparison….

Latebloomer

Lil-Rokslider
I’m currently switching over to Sitka from Kuiu. What in the Sitka lineup is comparable to the Kuiu attack pant/guid jacket setup? That was really my “go to” base setup for a lot of hunts. I was thinking possibly mountain pant/jacket, but would like some insight beforehand from guys that have used both. The attack/guide setup was good to go through brush, repel water, and still not be a loud material, fairly quiet.

Pdzoller

WKR
Keep your Kuiu pants. I would say the closest thing from Sitka would be the Mountain pants. I own both and prefer the versatility of the Attack pants. Both companies make some items better than the other and personal preference matters too.

OP
L

Latebloomer

Lil-Rokslider
i got a pair of apex pants from Sitka and they just don’t compare to the attack pants. Maybe I’m comparing apples to oranges here…

Jetstream in place of guide - it’s an upgrade in my opinion - guide is a good jacket and comfy - Jetstream with true wind blocking is better

Pdzoller

WKR
Really wish Sitka would up its game on pants. They really need hip vents. I also use the Jetstream. Probably my favorite jacket. I favor Sitka for my base layer top, jacket and rain gear. Also really like the Apex hoodie and sun hat. Kuiu has better options for base layer bottoms and mid layers but I’ve yet to try the Ambient.

Switch over? I been doing it wrong..lol
I'd keep the KUIU. I have multiple items from Sitka and KUIU. I even mix them when it suits the situation.😮

Love my kuiu guide pants with hip zips. Also love my Jetstream. FWIW I think they are equal in quality but certain items from each may be better design or fit for you.

For pants I'd go with the mountain pant. But if I were you I'd keep the attacks and get the Sitka Timberline pants. Adds versatility.

kowboy

FNG
Mountain pants are great but agree on needing vents. The only issue I have with Kuiu (own a bunch of their stuff up top) is the length of the pants. short for a tall guy!

Curious why you’d switch brands and try to find a pant like the one you prefer from the original company? As others have stated, Sitka is a bit behind the market on pants, which is why I don’t own any of theirs despite really liking their shirts.

At any given time, I have some combination of Sitka, SKRE, KUIU, Kryptek, Patagonia, Eddie Bauer, and Black Ovis on me. Mix and match as no one company has the perfect item for every person.

The one thing I think Sitka, Patagonia, and some Eddie Bauer lines have over other brands is using Polygiene, which I have found to be the best synthetic odor control that I’ve tested. On par with merino wool.

I currently run all Sitka gear from light weight to heavy weight. Interested in Kuiu tho. Looking for comparisons, pros/cons, anyone with experience with both. Not sure if it’s worth the switch or if I should just stick with Sitka.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I mix match all my clothing. I could be wearing FL, Sitka, Kuiu, and SG pieces all at the same time. Different companies make different items that are just better.

OP
L

Latebloomer

Lil-Rokslider
I just don’t prefer mixing camo patterns. Irrelevant in the grand scheme, but OCD runs thick in the blood. Just didn’t need verde and subalpine patterns.

OP
L

Latebloomer

Lil-Rokslider
So who has a pair of mountain pants in subalpine 36 they want to get rid of? I’ll trade a Kifaru OG Stryker. Lol

ToolMann

WKR
I love my Sitka pants. They just fit me much better than Kuiu pants, and I'm a brand mixer. Agree that hip vents would be nice though. I wear the Mountain and Ascent pants. Have a good feeling there is a pair of Timberlines from Mrs. Claus under the tree to.

jayhawk

WKR
I’m a Sitka guy. Especially with their pants. I workout a lot and the attack pants don’t fit me around the thighs to the point I can barely put my hands in the pockets. And for the life of me I can’t figure out what the heck you could fit in the leg pockets.
I’ve got a pair for sale if anyone wants em. Size 30 Reg.

Just prefer the mountain pants with the slash pockets and fuller leg pockets.

Bump79

WKR
I also mix and match, whatever I get the best value out of. I don't understand if you like the pants why buy new ones.

OP
L

Latebloomer

Lil-Rokslider
I also mix and match, whatever I get the best value out of. I don't understand if you like the pants why buy new ones.
Because I already committed to sell them and they are gone. Can always buy another pair, but personally don’t prefer mixing camo either.

I just recently started wearing Kuiu attack pants. I really like them a lot. I don’t buy them in camo though. I have a few Sitka pieces but not pants. Also have FirstLite Kanab’s that are really nice except for the length, way too long for me. I also wear Wrangler ATG’s for everyday wear and early season hunts. Most things I buy now are in regular solid colors.