Sitka - Traverse vs Ambient?

Buckhead

FNG
I have the Traverse jacket in subalpine, no experience with the Ambient. Really like the jacket, wear it a lot, up until the temps drop in late October/early November. Once the leaves are down and it gets colder, switch over to my heavier stuff in open country - elevated II patterns. (Hunting whitetails in N Georgia). Properly layered, the Traverse is fine down to the upper 30s. (Stationary from a stand). I don't bowhunt much anymore, but the fabric is fairly quiet.

I am 6'3" and weigh 200. The XL fits well, leaves room in the torso for layering.

FLHunter87

Lil-Rokslider
How is the fitting? I am 5'6" and on the chunkier side 200lbs lol. I tried on the XL traverse jacket and it seemed to fit sleeves were a little long though. No large to try. There was the Ambient jacket and the large fit fine even with the Fanatic hoody under. Is the fitting the same? I'm wondering if I could get away with the large. I would plan on using a layer under. Most likely the Fanatic Hoody or even a heavier layer. I doubt I would use 2 layers and the Traverse Jacket.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
How is the fitting? I am 5'6" and on the chunkier side 200lbs lol. I tried on the XL traverse jacket and it seemed to fit sleeves were a little long though. No large to try. There was the Ambient jacket and the large fit fine even with the Fanatic hoody under. Is the fitting the same? I'm wondering if I could get away with the large. I would plan on using a layer under. Most likely the Fanatic Hoody or even a heavier layer. I doubt I would use 2 layers and the Traverse Jacket.
I am 6 and 185 and wear XL in Traverse but L in the Ambient.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
6'2 190 ish, athletic, chest 42" 16.5 neck/34 arms generally in dress shirts
L in the Ambient
L in the Traverse but the arm pits are snug (only tried these on, didn't but one as I don't need it)
LT in the Evo as a L is too tight under the arms with much of anything layered. The Ambient layers under the LT pretty well but an Evo in XL would be better but would be a big too loose without a layer under it.
Fantic hoody or heavyweight hoody both layer fine under either the Ambient or Evo for me. Did not buy a Traverse as I have a Cold Weather Hoody, also a Large, and it's a big warmer than the new Traverse.

I bought an Ambient and Evo for my 2023 early October elk hunt, southern NM. Early temps were low-30s and I wore a long sleeve Sitka lightweight base and the Evo under my pack, about 34 pounds with the rifle attached. I never needed the Ambient as I shot my bull at 8:15 that morning. Pack out was in just the base layer so I am a terrible data point for the combo over an extended hunt. Thankfully :)

I kept trying to find a way to wear either the Ambient or Evo for whitetail hunting this year, but in PA the woods around here as full of rose, green briar and blackberry that it's just not practical when I have a ton of other stuff that is going to survive better long-term.