Sitka Tool Belt vs Badlands Monster fanny pack

Jefrobie

FNG
Hi all, looking for a light weight run and gun setup and wondering if anyone has had both and could weigh in? Thanks much!

RBC

FNG
I dont have both but had the same question prior to last season. I went with the sitka tool belt. I used it early season bow hunting. It worked well saddle hunting - used the two standard dump pouches for saddle ropes, etc. I was able to place a jacket in the laundry sack and attached my tethrd predator XL platform to the outside of the laundry sack with the straps. It worked well in the early season - I even ran it a few times without the laundry sack attached and was able to carry a lone wolf hand climber on my back - above the tool belt.
I would like to run the Monster fanny pack for a season and compare!

OP
J

Jefrobie

FNG
I bought a Tool Belt on EBay a couple days ago. Hoping it is good. I did look at a Monster today and that is a very nice setup!

ljaq516

FNG
I dont have both but had the same question prior to last season. I went with the sitka tool belt. I used it early season bow hunting. It worked well saddle hunting - used the two standard dump pouches for saddle ropes, etc. I was able to place a jacket in the laundry sack and attached my tethrd predator XL platform to the outside of the laundry sack with the straps. It worked well in the early season - I even ran it a few times without the laundry sack attached and was able to carry a lone wolf hand climber on my back - above the tool belt.
I would like to run the Monster fanny pack for a season and compare!
do you have a pic with the tool belt setup with the platform attached? how did you attach the platform? And what are you doing with sticks? Holding them in your hands or attached to tool belt also? i'm looking for a good pack to attach sticks and platform. I was looking into a Eberlestock F1 frame but wondering if that was overkill. Thanks.

VaBruiser

FNG
I REALLY want a pack that I can attach my platform to and then remove without taking the pack off. The Trophyline Platow is the only one I’m aware of. I was thinking of getting a Monster and having straps/clips sewed on the top of the shoulder straps (like the Platow)

OP
J

Jefrobie

FNG
I bought the Sitka, nice pack and super light weight. Not quite enough room AND i found out that just using without the shoulder straps was too much pressure on lower back. After using the straps and with the loose bag attached, decided to sell and bought the Monster. Little heavier for sure, and I wish it had a place for nalgene bottle but ultimately I think for what i do it will work better

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
I had the monster and used it for a couple years. The zippers were garbage, mind you this was quite some time ago, maybe tge newer gen fixed that. But eventually I had draw strings on all of them as the metal snapped. Otherwise it was fine on day hunts. Drawback being once the animal was down and I used my gear on me to break it down, I had to go back for a hauler. If you're close enough to drag or get an ATV to the critter or small game hunting the monster will get it done.

WoodBow

WKR
I have a monster in great shape that i would sell if anyone is interested. It has been a good pack for me. PM me if interested and I can send pics.